im such a flipin prat lol

im such an idiot i was trying to cure boost cut tonight then took it out and was good for few seconds when i put my foot down a bit more then ffffrrrrrrthummmpppppppp that bit of blockage i put in the pipe which was solid when i put it on and was taped to it went down to the turbo i think because it aint there now so i had to limp back in low mode and at about 20 miles anhour so i got to take the whole pipeing off so lads and lasses how hard is this gonna be ?

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

its that foamy stuff in the pipe on the pic abouve that was sucked in but i dont think its hit the turbo hopefully not anyway i just going out now to se if i can reach down the pipe with a hanger and get it out but it still drives ok just no boost as i dont wanna suck it down any more

just tried coat hanger but the bugger is not budging i can c it no when i took the boost pipe off its right by the breather pipe on that bend but is a bit further down so you cant c it looking down the intake pipe so its sitting right under the boost pipe so no boost and i cant leave my car at my birds house. how hard is it to get that pipe off and back on agian as i remember when i took my top mount off and that pipe was loose i tried taking it off but it was hooked to the turbo. ohh my god!! i so wanna sort this tonight

Just takes awhile mate, its not THAT bad. Just a lot of fiddling and not much room to do it in ;) Have to remove the 2 bolts that hold the EFI pipe onto the brackets, take off the TMIC and pipe going to turbo, then get under the car and under the jubilee clip holding the EFI pipe onto the turbo inlet. Would help tonnes if you could take the rad out though, gives you some more room. You might need a mate to help wiggle it about from above while your underneath trying to pull it off.

But for getting it back on, a bit of grease/vaselline around the turbo inlet (not on the inside!) and it should go on a fair bit easier. Just make sure you ensure the rubber insert goes on straight otherwise it can be a pain in the bum.

If I was still down in Brighton I would've been well up for helping ya! :lol: Shame I'm at home :) Good luck though, won't be that bad!

do i deffo need to get under the car as its at my birds and she has no flat surface to jack it up unless i put it in the middle of the road lol i was hoping to just do some tonight and some in the morning. but its bit cold outside so not gonna bother

do i deffo need to get under the car as its at my birds and she has no flat surface to jack it up unless i put it in the middle of the road lol i was hoping to just do some tonight and some in the morning. but its bit cold outside so not gonna bother

yeh ul have to go underneith undo the panel, and undo the jubalee clip but even then its hard to get it off the compressor housing. it just gets in the way of the oil filter. you could tak ethe oil filter off and do it which would give you some more room. if your air/con is in it will be abit tricky.

it isnt held on by a jubilee clip. its just a pressure clip.

undo the 2 bolts holding it in. then start ripping away at it like a madman.

itll jiggle off.

also, i have to say, that is pretty stupid putting some foam in there mate.

the reasuring thing, sort of, is that if it has been sucked in. it wont damage the turbo, the tubby will nomnom that right up.. and the engine should be able to cope with some foam as itll be chopped into wee pieces.

easy way to check, take the intercooler off and give it a shake, there will be foam in there if its gone to the tubby.

all has ended as i took everything off and got stuck with the jiggling of the pipe to get it off the turbo so tried one last attempt of captain coat hanger to the rescue and it worked so all that stripping of the engine parts for nuthin lol o well it all came out in one piece 2 i was like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh leyyyy looooolliiaaaaaaaa

Running OK now then mate??

no i just got back from trying to c if anything was different first off i had much less boost but i thought maybe its the extra stuff i put round the airfilter then i thought na fuck that somethings wrong checked and had a boost leak. not only hat but there was lads of oil round the turbo and the dump valve and splatters all round the radiator and the intake pipe where the brether feed enters. i was like maybe it was something to do with the bottom pipe off the top mount being loose but now im thinking why was there loads of oil coming from that in the first place. its not normal so im worndering wahts going on as im well worried now. i put everything back how it was so why you reckon i got such a big oil leak. i cant afford to take it to a garage. aghhhhhhhh

if you BOV is spitting quite a bit of oil it can be turbo oil seals....if the breather is flowing stupidly loads of oil out the top of the block, it could be a screwed piston or ringland etc...

Its normal for a little oil in the intake pipe etc but not a lot...only a thin lining..

well i got backfrom london today on some shitty training coarse which was a waste of time and took all the top mount piping off and the dump valve gave it a clean as there was oil sprayed arround that area and some on the turbo and wiped it all down and cleaned every bit of oil i could find (some under the turbo) and then i tightened everthing back up and now there is no oil coming out so im really baffled where was that oil coming frm in the first place because now none is coming out the dump valve. im just gonna have to keep an eye on it.