ok so for bout a year now i have wanted one! its the genuine Toyota 3 point strut braise,

i have been looking for one fro a long time now but i finely got one and its in mint condition

11032008045.jpg

it was siting in my room for a week or two and i thot i have nothing to do lets fit it so went out and try ed

only to find that the F***ER don't fit, only one bolt hole lines up it sits at a weird angle and whan you do get the two sides on ( with one bolt linen up each ) it hangs over the spear wheel bit meaning that its useless as a 3 point!!

04042008121.jpg

04042008123.jpg

04042008124.jpg

04042008125.jpg

it should fit, may need editing a little, never done one, but wont be much trouble to get fitted, if u cnt be arsed u can always sell it to me. lol

lol i can see me getting the welder in to it

dont dive for the welder, give it another go before damaging it, or just wait for someone who has fitted one to explain how its done.

don't worry thats why i posted it and didn't do it

its a raised plastic piece that runs aross the base of the back seat, without the plastic bit its useless. and yes its should be fitted the other way round.

As far as I know it will not even fit the UK Spec Starlet. The Glanza and later GTs have some sort of metal plate which the bottom of the brace bolts on to.

You might be able to get it to fit with some modifying though.

EP82 braces are slightly different bolt hole layout to the ep91 brace bud.

Thats an 82 brace im sure, im 99% sure the ep82 braces have that starlet plastic bit on them.The ep91 braces dont, there just plain metal bars with no plastic starlet cover bit.

Sure other people with ep91 rear 3points would verify.

You can just drill the holes out slightly for the strut mount, and get a plate made to bolt into.Either paint the plate or get it polished or chromed :)

EP82 braces are slightly different bolt hole layout to the ep91 brace bud.

Thats an 82 brace im sure, im 99% sure the ep82 braces have that starlet plastic bit on them.The ep91 braces dont, there just plain metal bars with no plastic starlet cover bit.

Where did you get that from bud? I'm pretty sure all three points are the same.

This is one in Glanza..

15122007038.jpg

the starlet "word" faces out so you can see it from the back (looking into boot u shud see the "word")

They are the same has glanza's one theres no differance.

You need the plastic that gose along the floor to bolt it in and you mayneed to modify the top the you can mount it on top of suspenion (you know what i mean not the actual suspenion the body)

you have this problem on the mk 1 GTs.

the struts bolt the other way round and you cant fit the brace. i had this issue myself when i owned a GT.

its the reason why cusco etc make the braces with 4 holes. to cater for both sets.

i never knew the UK ep91s used this pattern though.

the way to get it to fit, is to re drill your strut tower to accept the bolts the other way. then reposition the topmounts on your suspension.

this is however, annoying and time consuming. and they dont really offer too much in the way of support. they are similar to the stock front bar.

you should sell it, and buy a strut bar.

if you want, ill get you a cusco one. and well do a straight swap.

sound ok?