Engine Removal

Hi,

My bottom end has gone on my mechanic is going to repair it for me. He's asked me to remove as many parts as I and then he'll come with his crane and remove the the main bits to get the engine out.

Can Anyone give me a rough guide as to what I need to remove in prep for my mechanic to bring his engine crane to remove it? I was thinking exhaust, mani, turbo, fmic pipes rad etc??

Assuming you are dropping it with the gearbox on (I would);

Exhaust manifold with turbo and decat, exhaust mid section, driveshafts, engine loom (unplug from ecu, pull plug through firewall and unplug all sensors etc then lift the loom out), speedo cable, gear cables, power steering pump (I usually just take belt off and move pump to top of the chassis leg out of the way), throttle cable, vac line to map sensor and BMC etc, rad and hoses.

Can leave the actual FMIC most likely but you will have to remove all pipework. Obviously disconnect the battery and drop all fluids. remember to put the drain plugs back in.

I've probably forgotten something, but it's not too much of a bad job tbf. I always find worst part is knocking the NS driveshaft out.

Thanks guys.

Gonna crack on with this next week....Excited to get stuck in but kinda reluctant at the same time incase I get something wrong.

I've done basics recently like change discs/pads and changed fluids etc...but never done anything like this before.

Edited by Djaniero