Ive been told i have c52 box from a gt in my glanza can anyone confirm this by these pics although the box has a 56 stamp on it? End casing is alloy. It has an open diff and im wanting to know which bolt pattern LSD i need. Also any knowledge on ratios and any gear changes i could make when rebuilding the box would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Stu

20190208_153912.jpg

20190208_153835.jpg

20190208_153818.jpg

20190208_153810.jpg

35 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/gearbox-model-num.65707/#post-781816

Doesn't look like there are markings.

Use the search function. The key difference being the number of splines on the drive shaft outputs. Or splitting the box.

Thanks mate didnt know about the spline count. Im now 99% sure its a c52

it appears to be a c52 box based on some older information about the "casing" at the top which holds the selector mechanism

52 had a ridge and hump at the end

56 was smooth with no hump at the end

this is just old hear say, i don't know if this is true ---my disclaimer :D

that box could have a 6bolt diff in it ? meaning it was out of a n/a your best way to find out what you got is pop off the passenger side driveshaft seal and count the bolts thats if you cant be arsed too split the box apart 

Edited by glanzagee
29 minutes ago, glanzagee said:

that box could have a 6bolt diff in it ? meaning it was out of a n/a your best way to find out what you got is pop off the passenger side driveshaft seal and count the bolts thats if you cant be arsed too split the box apart 

So i can actually count the diff bolts when shat is out cheers thats a big help. Does spline count on the shaft meaning anything?

14 hours ago, glanzagee said:

the Na boxes have a pressed steel end casing not cast ali one I believe.

2 hours ago, Bean said:

the Na boxes have a pressed steel end casing not cast ali one I believe.

sir lets get this correct for the chap that needs information !

a C52 gearbox has a steel end casing.

a c56 gearbox has a aliuminum end casing

in both versions you have n/a versions the type which is turbo gearing and final drive can be seen by 8 bolt patten on final drive gear and input and output gears being thicker !

so when you say "i believe" know the facts...

Glanzagee wow u seem to know your stuff. Hopefully u can shed some light on my confused situation. So im in Australia which has quite a few ep82 (c52 box to my knowledge). The ep91 Glanza (c56 box to my knowledge) has never been allowed to be imported to Australia and any glanzas here are replicas built with parts half cuts etc. I bought my glanza rep with pretty much everything done. Engine was from a glanza imported from japan and gearbox was a ep82 in Australia. So i believe i have a c52 box based on wat i have been told and the fact there are very very few c56 box in the country. Above u say c52 end cap is steel but my end cap is definitely aluminium. Any help on this would be much appreciated