On 7/6/2019 at 12:02 AM, Giannis said:

Are jam manifold reliable?Or the they crack like stock ones?

And how much is a normal price for o e of them?

Thanks

This is my one t hey don't crack like oem manifold's as the restriction is gone so there's less heat build up  in terms of price you'll  be looking at £300++++ if you can find  some sold previously on the jap auctions  for mental money 

20171123_212453.jpg

5 hours ago, matty gt said:

This is my one t hey don't crack like oem manifold's as the restriction is gone so there's less heat build up  in terms of price you'll  be looking at £300++++ if you can find  some sold previously on the jap auctions  for mental money 

20171123_212453.jpg

Thanks for reply Matty gt....so they are better than stock ones because they don't have restrictions.Pobably you get better performance with one of them.

That's why I'm trying to find a jam manifold

11 hours ago, Giannis said:

Do you have experience in one of them?

Yes ive got one that was heavily cracked. repairing them is a time consuming job as the cracks all need ground out completely, then it needs preheated, then welded with high nickel content filler wire or rod. then you need to let it cool down slowly then grind anything else back  and repeat each time.

I think ive got pictures somewhere, but just had a quick look but not quite sure where they are. however a cracked jam manifold looks just like a normal cracked ct9 manifold i guess.

1 hour ago, Bean said:

Yes ive got one that was heavily cracked. repairing them is a time consuming job as the cracks all need ground out completely, then it needs preheated, then welded with high nickel content filler wire or rod. then you need to let it cool down slowly then grind anything else back  and repeat each time.

I think ive got pictures somewhere, but just had a quick look but not quite sure where they are. however a cracked jam manifold looks just like a normal cracked ct9 manifold i guess.

So it's waste of time and money....what boost pressure do you run?maybe they hold easily the stock boost!

Thanks for reply Bean

14 hours ago, Starlet__SR said:

The one I have has two small cracks which need to be repaired. The cracks don't affect the performance, but after so many heat cycles the crack may spread and ruin the manifold. 

Can you send me some pics please.I want to inspect the cracks because I want to buy one and I want to know if they are repairable.

Thanks a lot

i dont know where the pics are now. just cracks in the colelctor mine was. They are repairable but its alot of work and expensive if you cant do it your self as its time consuming to do it right. You shouldnt just blast these with mig as the repair wont last and proobably crack further.

Best thing you can do for a ct9 setup is a wepr power up kit with external wastegate.

Edited by Bean

I m confused so i will try to find a Jam unit because I want to look stock user bonnet....i believe it is stronger and flows much better than stock with stock boost level....

2 hours ago, Starlet__SR said:

They don't crack easily. But they do crack, any manifold is prone to cracking. 

Thanks for all the useful info

1 hour ago, Bean said:

You can port the stock one out quite a bit which helps. The JAM manifolds are good but you have to remember they are a 20 year old manifold now.

Ok thanks for your time and information