Garage EP9 - 2ZZ-GE track build

I think its about time I had another bash at a build thread! Its been a long time since I had a serious amount of updates going on here.

Some of you may remember me from years ago, I have been in the starlet scene (very much in the background) for a long time, and have attended shows and meets over the years such as JAE and Japfest.

I decided in 2016 that it was time to get back into a starlet and it had been so long since I had a car that I had enjoyed! I picked up a 1996 UK EP91 as a rolling shell and decided to use this as a base to build a 2ZZ-GE converted track car.

I started my page Garage EP9 on Facebook and Instagram and have been sticking up regular updates on them both up until now. Some of you may already follow me on there but if not feel free to head over and give the page a like.

I'm not going to  include every single detail as it will take far too long and I probably cant remember it all!

So ill start by going way back to April 2016 when I picked up the car and began stripping it ready for the conversion.

AwsynxD.jpg

FajTWJK.jpg

C9JhomX.jpg

Y6sE520.jpg

F5SxTIV.jpg

UHGXoD5.jpg

Once the engine mounts were made I booked her in for a full weld in cage.

YRlYqSp.jpg

BSKsSwQ.jpg

SVxoRqq.jpg

nJeyrPu.jpg

Once back it was time to start on the repairs and coating of the floor. There were several areas that needed cut out and repaired and the  whole floor was coated with Upol Raptor

Sdopoc8.jpg

E5Re0Fn.jpg

pIyVEoB.jpg

ZKftrCX.jpg

6D0oLh5.jpg

XD61p3b.jpg

S3sO4xQ.jpg

lFdf0HI.jpg

QglvjA3.jpg

Pw13mxg.jpg

9BCP4vn.jpg

cMoeJRG.jpg

Then it was back the right way around to finish fab work in the bay before the engine bay and interior were given a fresh lick of paint.

lOyGxx0.jpg

dfWkvRe.jpg

PuiTBFq.jpg

HwkznN3.jpg

PIEo2O1.jpg

V75tUue.jpg

wxNRgtJ.jpg

bUUHHLr.jpg

xk8YqV0.jpg

eRiOhSt.jpg

vkFh1U2.jpg

Then we could get on with starting to reassemble the engine bay and interior.

All new brake lines, non power steering, uprated engine mounts the list goes on and on..........

pPBhvAz.jpg

w8BZTWY.jpg

DUprrLk.jpg

vdcsx9z.jpg

MkXsQ1o.jpg

ixYS2KF.jpg

wWWa179.jpg

T1BMcVj.jpg

A full brand new fuel system was built, New pump, regulator, filter, tank, braided lines and AN fittings

IvZXvIC.jpg

blG0VyS.jpg

puXaUwY.jpg

zSi5HG0.jpg

TxEMP1a.jpg

Any excess weight was stripped from the car, including the wiring looms. 2.5KG removed from the dash loom alone.

PoOxW0v.jpg

a0iKfC1.jpg

The chassis was treated to fresh hubs with new bearings and ball joints, new lower arms, BC racing coilovers, uprated bushes and anti roll bars

PpcyQuk.jpg

mPetBj3.jpg

qJc2bm0.jpg

New racing seat

tjYirhz.jpg

Many custom parts have went into the build, Including drive shafts and exhaust system. Full 2.5" stainless system with side exit.

dXAz3la.jpg

SREBSa7.jpg

YDLRztO.jpg

3kgRgUd.jpg

UfrLhoj.jpg

BTuublh.jpg

W3taSBS.jpg

QTRta5c.jpg

nZ1rIXH.jpg

fsL1AWo.jpg

UwUbVAf.jpg

ozmkeXz.jpg

WniDmtW.jpg

zZtAiQU.jpg

That was the car ready for its first testing session in July 2019

YwEEqE0.jpg

after a successful testing session with no issues, it was time for the body work.

Full respray in Honda Y56 sunshine yellow, along with custom front wings and Toms front bumper.

2ANNJjr.jpg

vSS6Erm.jpg

tx8IiSZ.jpg

m9mIFND.jpg

e5Cnlmb.jpg

X4FLRVx.jpg

Tc3GcKs.jpg

ddrsn4g.jpg

n51dNwG.jpg

2pVI0dv.jpg

Lzi3bgz.jpg

That's pretty much the story so far! I am constantly working to get the car ready for 2020 so I will update when I can! Much more planned for this car

Thanks for reading

Gary