Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heath

Fitting Glanza V cluster into EP95

Recommended Posts

Hi all, I have an EP95 with a 5efhte conversion.  I am wanting to fit the Glanza V gauge cluster and trying to suss out the wiring.  I've done a lot of reading on this forum but not finding what I'm after, a lot of the wiring diagrams are not loading or only available through photobucket.  I think I have a handle on the glanza V wiring requirements but have little information for the EP95, which I assume is the same as an EP91 4efe (non turbo).  Any help would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also wanted to fit a glanza cluster to my ep91 reflet. The wiring is completely different to uk spec ep91’s and i struggled to find any pin outs for jdm spec n/a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up getting this running, was quite a mission. Had to trace the wiring by looking at the back of the clusters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Heath said:

Ended up getting this running, was quite a mission. Had to trace the wiring by looking at the back of the clusters. 

So there's a feed for the rev counter? Any pics of your wiring if your round there again please? Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I have a link G4+ ECU so picked up the speed signal off that, had to change a resistor on the cluster circuit board to allow for the voltage difference. I’m sure someone else could show you how to get the speed. When I get some time I’ll do a write up with some photos with what I did. Heath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Heath said:

Hey, I have a link G4+ ECU so picked up the speed signal off that, had to change a resistor on the cluster circuit board to allow for the voltage difference. I’m sure someone else could show you how to get the speed. When I get some time I’ll do a write up with some photos with what I did. Heath

Sounds good, i got the clocks in and kinda worked, the temp gauge shot up and a few other bits wernt right so i gave up and put it all back to how it was lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping an eye on this. I've got a set of glanza brush stainless steel dials and a cluster to fit to my ep91 UK. Keep us updated please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a tacho rpm signal pin out on the obd socket. Use this for the rpm gauge is your vehicle does not have a rpm gauge from factory.

I'll fit my glanza cluster this weekend into my 1997 UK 4efe starlet and post up a diagram for you. 

Edited by Sam44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BMX-RIG said:

Sounds good, i got the clocks in and kinda worked, the temp gauge shot up and a few other bits wernt right so i gave up and put it all back to how it was lol.

Hi mate,

The rev counters are driven off the negative side of the coil on the Glanza. On the back of your clocks you will see IG- marked. 
 

You should be able to trace them both, from memory on a UK/Euro n/a it’s on Plug A, Pin 6 (Black-grey colour) On Glanza it’s Plug A, Pin 9 it needs to go too. I’d imagine yours will be different, but the circuits are marked on the cluster so it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...