2 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Amazing engine hp giver. I've seen 1 in a Micra so I cant see yeh not. Big job thew.

it would be an interesting swap I haven't seen one done before so it would be interesting to see what would be involved 

Yeh the Nissan sr20 is a small stroke for engine size. Its what's known as a over square engine in the proformance world hp giver. Probably the best option for a 2ltr size in a small frame. 

Engines like the K20 and 3sge I don't think would fit at all due to the stroke block hight. 

Edited by Sam44
1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

Yeh the Nissan sr20 is a small stroke for engine size. Its what's known as a under square engine in the proformance world hp giver. Probably the best option for a 2ltr size in a small frame. 

Engines like the K20 and 3sge I don't think would fit at all due to the stroke block hight. 

The 3sgte is too tall I was told when I was considering it for the rep, then the mate sent me a picture off a widebody ep82 with a Caldina 3sgte in it, think he's trying to tell me something lol

I'm just looking into the beams engine now. High rpm capable. This engine is attractive. I'm guessing that this engine is undersquare because of its rpm limit.

Also the 7age custom kit online looks very nice and the 16valve 4age head is a great pent roof chamber design 45deg big ports.

From what I've been told the a series engine block is only slightly longer and taller than the e series so it should be a better fit. some of the gearboxes share the size drive shaft cups.

The hp figures on the 7age is very impressive. 

Edited by Sam44
On 5/9/2020 at 9:39 AM, Sam44 said:

Yeh the Nissan sr20 is a small stroke for engine size. Its what's known as a over square engine in the proformance world hp giver. Probably the best option for a 2ltr size in a small frame. 

The more I research the sr20 its sounding more and more promising the biggest issue Im having is sourcing them in Ireland 

It's crazy how fast cars are being scrapped and vanishing, and the humble starlet and corrola I still see on the road. 

Just talking about this made me recall the 1995 wrc and it was Toyota destroying the rest.

https://www.themechanists.com/2019/03/11/a-cheat-so-brilliant-it-was-applauded-by-rule-makers/

I'm trying to find the jtc corrola 3sge that could beat a integra type r on track and even down the strip. Even the Levin ae111 didn't beat it. 

Edited by Sam44
9 hours ago, Sam44 said:

It's crazy how fast cars are being scrapped and vanishing, and the humble starlet and corrola I still see on the road. 

Just talking about this made me recall the 1995 wrc and it was Toyota destroying the rest.

https://www.themechanists.com/2019/03/11/a-cheat-so-brilliant-it-was-applauded-by-rule-makers/

I'm trying to find the jtc corrola 3sge that could beat a integra type r on track and even down the strip. Even the Levin ae111 didn't beat it. 

If they had held it back a bit during the drag racing stages they maybe would have got away with it  :)

Yeh. I remember watching it all out whoop some of the greatest cars known to date. The other engine was the 2ltr cosworth and the vr4 2l 4g63 Evo MK1 the last of the all out power designed engines. 12 to 21 mpg if you go slow. 

Edited by Sam44