Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of of any coilovers that might fit the starlet? I only have the non glanza one, the GLS. But I’m looking to lower it but don’t really want to spend more than £250, if not are there any that are designed for the starlet but fit anyway/may require slight adjustment? Thanks

There are no budget coilovers for the Starlet they are at least £700 new. Some fit cheap ebay rx7 fc coilovers with modification, but those are still not worth your time or money. Good value coilovers just cost quite a bit of cash. Best way to lower your starlet for £250 is definitely some good branded lowering springs. 

cheers,

Brian

I'm running a vw set atm. For the road there really very good very comfy ride and great rebond rate not much nose lift on hard acceleration, or weight shift on hard braking. I'm really In pressed. For a road going daily driver there spot on.  

All my original shockers were well past there best, (crazy body roll & nose lift, lift off over steer)  with the strut rod strength leading to it bending under load. (Suspention deflection). 

The VW coilover sorted all of this out and reduced the ground clearance. The progressive spring rate is designed for the roads. A real bargain. 

Edited by Sam44
9 hours ago, RoyalDutchie said:

There are no budget coilovers for the Starlet they are at least £700 new. Some fit cheap ebay rx7 fc coilovers with modification, but those are still not worth your time or money. Good value coilovers just cost quite a bit of cash. Best way to lower your starlet for £250 is definitely some good branded lowering springs. 

cheers,

Brian

Agreed,

Best approach for a street car on a budget. Might need an adjustable panhard rod as well depending on how much its lowered.

Edited by Claymore