Sign in to follow this  
Claymore

4efe power steering pump with 4efte pump bracket.

Managed to get hold of a fte lower power steering bracket so I can fit the fte oil filter relocation piece. I know the fte power steering pump is different but I'm not sure if the standard fe power steering pump will fit to the fte bracket? Anyone ever tried this combination?

Posted (edited)

Yeh it won't you need the 4efte pump and lines and bracket. Or you can modify the 4efte lowwer adjusting bracket to fit the 4efe pump. Or try what lukep did. 

Edited by Sam44

I'm aware of the different parts required, but I'm sure that I have read on a few build threads that people have used this combo. When transplanting an fte engine into an N/A but kept the fe pump and hoses. 

Hopefully I can make an offset bracket to join the bolt hole in the pump to the adjuster slot on the fte bracket whilst still leaving room for the oil filter and relocation piece. It will be more obvious if this is possible once the lower bracket is fitted to the engine. 🤞

Not keen on rotating the relocator down for clearance, it may not seal with the block gasket shaped as it is and you may have to block the outer mounting holes to prevent leakage. Haven't tried so can't say for sure what mods are required.

Posted (edited)

You need to mod the bottom bracket and 4e pump to bottom bracket adjusting nut. Alignment issues. People make a bracket to align the 2 from the back of the 4e pump and shave alittle of the 4efte bracket off as it fouls the bottom/front edge of the 4e pump. 

Edited by Sam44

Well I'll have a look to see how complex it becomes, I've already got an fte pump but was hoping to change as little as possible. Probably less work to  make my own lower bracket from scratch to clear the filter housing and match up to the fe pump Lol.