Car feels like it’s running slow in heat

It’s been fairly hot recently and my Glanza has felt less powerful than usual, the temp gauge creeps up to about the middle and ends up staying there but the car feels slower than usual and the turbo doesn’t seem to come on as quickly as it usually does and when it does it doesn’t fully boost to the 1.2 bar it’s set up to, it gets to about 1 bar and doesn’t go any further up, just wondering if anyone can help me understand this better so that I can fix the car, I’ve had no check engine light when this happens, the car just runs hotter and ends up feeling slower, it has oil, coolant, the fan is working as it should I don’t understand what it could be, thanks

14 hours ago, _LM46 said:

It’s been fairly hot recently and my Glanza has felt less powerful than usual, the temp gauge creeps up to about the middle and ends up staying there but the car feels slower than usual and the turbo doesn’t seem to come on as quickly as it usually does and when it does it doesn’t fully boost to the 1.2 bar it’s set up to, it gets to about 1 bar and doesn’t go any further up, just wondering if anyone can help me understand this better so that I can fix the car, I’ve had no check engine light when this happens, the car just runs hotter and ends up feeling slower, it has oil, coolant, the fan is working as it should I don’t understand what it could be, thanks

It can be many things, you've posted before about issues with idle speed and also having error codes relating to idle control and MAP sensor. Have these problems been fixed? Have you modified or changed anything recently?

Firstly do a diagnostic check to see if there are any codes. Also check the obvious thing like boost pipes and vacuum hoses for damage / leaks / clamp tightness / intercooler damage / blocked air filter.

When you say it "runs hotter" do you mean that the coolant temp. gauge moves above half way when driving hard? Also if you take the car for a drive early in the morning when the air is cold does it boost normally?

Edited by Claymore

Seasonal changes my friend. What's your spec. If the the car has been mapped in winter you will normaly notice a biggish change in power levels. Also at these temps altitude is another factor.

You should notice the car is using less fuel also.

Be warned this time of year is a killer stay away from high speed runs the coolant system quickly becomes inefficient

Edited by Sam44