rx-7 intercooler upgrade??

ye exactly, but at the end, its direct OEM fitment, nothing needs modifying, nothing needs changing, nothing needs removing.

its worth whatever someone will pay for it, and is obviously alot less hassle than a fmic for some people.

it doesnt compare performance wise obviously, but its a good stepping stone.

i always thought that top mount was better than front mount on starlets cause there is less distance for the air to travel. fair enough front mount will cool much better but you'd sacrifice 500-1000rpm for turbo lag.

i dont know which i'd prefer, no turbo lag, or wait a bit longer for a huge kick in the back!

well as i said mate really there aint no comparison, top mounts will always suffer from heat soak to a certain extent, and can only be tiny in comparison to a massive front mount, but as i said its a good stepping stone. a cheap wepr/autofixed fmic is good for 250bhp+, which can be as instantaneous as you want it, just depends on the set up (and turbo internals) etc. these arc's are prob good for 170-180bhp at a guess, maybe more, but im not exactly sure, i may see if i can get a sard/jam self learning ecu, then up the boost and see how we get on.....

i didnt have the car long before i put it on mate, so i couldnt honestly answer that 100%.

The clutch began slipping not long after i installed it, so i havent been able to see whether or not its boosting above the 9.5psi it should as standard, although i think the fact its slipping shows that its just ripping it apart, which is nice :)

i imagine its more to prevent heat soak than anything else, i was going to attent the south-west RR session on tgtt next weekend but as i'll be going to torquay for a lads weekend i cant go. im gutted, as i did wanna see what different the intercooler mate over a stock car, but i guess i'll have to be patient till we have another meet.

got a few things in mind so i should have it boosting just below/at fuel cut when the clutch is done B)

• 2 months later...

this was from february mate, sorta dragging it up from the dead...

also, they're fairly large, so im not sure how much i'd trust only 2 bolts (also, takes alot of work to get them in the most efficient position).

wow i forgot about this thread!

i bought streetracer_starlets old rx-7 cooler off him a while ago.

its olny held on by the hoses, solid as a rock! and it was very little hassle to fit.

made a nice difference though, turbo spools up quicker and it fits under the bonnet nice and snug.

well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...