Handling Improvement

Hello to all the handling experts!

I just need a bit of advice as to what to buy for my car next.

I currently have TRD springs on Kayaba shocks and have the choice to upgrade to Cusco coilovers or to buy some handling goodies such as a Rear ARB and a Anti-lift kit.

What am I likely to see an improvement in handling with? The coilovers or the Rear ARB/AL kit?

What would you guys reccommend?

If I bought the coilovers I could always buy some more handling goodies in the future, but I also want it to handle nicely now as it will be on the road shortly (hopefully).

Any input much appreciated, cheers.

sound idrees how do you find the shox and spring combo you have the now? if you sell il take first dibs man.

are the cusco coilovers from japan? do you know the springrates?

you would obviusly see a handling improvement with both sugestions but with just oilovers your just masking over theproblem with firmer suspension. where as with the whitleine equipment you are adressing the inherint flaws within the chassis,

the whitline goodies have the most drastic improvement on standard shox and springs, giving you all the handling prowes/cornering speeds of coilovers without the harsh ride

you know what id start off with, the rear arb and anti lift kit. these mods are rediculuslycheep for what they do, once you fit them there is a chance you might decide against coilovers after noticing the improvments.

have you read the hot4s articles on a road test of a whiteline kitted ep82?

I haven't had any experience of any handling mods so don't take my word for it, but after rear anti roll bar and anti lift it would be worth looking at front and rear strut braces considering they are fairly cheap.

Im with Enzo on this one. If you have the money to spend on coilovers then fair enough but for a fifth of the price you get a decent setup. You have already got decent shocks and springs so your halfway there.

My 2p

Bourkey

Well the Whiteline stuff will cost about £175, chuck in another £100 and I can get the Coilys! (plus my suspension)

The shocks and springs I have now are pretty good imo, but I haven't had a chance to thrash it around some twisty roads yet. The coilovers are from somebody in the UK and he is not sure of the springrates but he will look for me on the weekend.

Really don't know what to do! I'm getting drawn to the coilovers because I could slam the car on the Advans, not that it isn't low enough already!

And no I haven't read that article Geo, any links?

At the end of the day it's your personal preference but for UK roads, especially the more north you go, you would be feeling the bumps big time with coilovers. Whereas shocks and springs are a little more forgiving on your back. I also can't see the point unless your pushing a good power figure and you need something more to control it. But even if i had the money to spend on them i think i'd do what Enzo, Rick and Ecks have said.

But then again your getting them at a good price so it may be daft to miss them. Hard decision but at the end of the day it's your car.

Bourkey

Thanks for that Geo, quite a good read. Its pulling me towards Whiteline!

I am after a good set up for fast road use so I may have to just go for the Whiteline bits, thanks for your input Rick.

Also I don't know if I can hack the coilover ride in my daily runner!

by the way i was being sarcastic.

if the roads round by you arent the best, stick with shocks and springs, otherwise you may shorten the life of the coilovers somewhat if using them over uneven ground.

they're designed for track use for a reason.