Time has come to invest in a alarm system. i currently have a cat 2 immobiliser but after having my car broken into last week that time has come to upgrade. in not sure which one to invest in. I think its going to have to be a clifford or a toad ai606.

Just wanted some advice as to which alarm i go for, so any info will be greatly reseved. Thanks Adrian

the toad ai606 theres loads on ebay at about £220 fitted which aint bad at all. i mean my cars proberly not worth a grand but im prepaired to put a quarter of the value into on an alarm. If i wasnt going to keep the car for a while i wouldnt have botherd getting a alarm fitted but i love my ep and going to keep for a couple of year yet

toad compact c5 cat 1 alarm and immobilizer, fitted by mint car enhancement in hucknall notts. recomend the alarm and the company mate. can get you a number to call if you want it mate.

Features of the Toad C5 alarm system include:

- Two circuit immobiliser unit.

- Internal ultrasonic sensors.

- Full onboard central locking interface.

- Battery backup siren.

- Two remote keyfob transmitters.

- Perimeter protection of boot/bonnet/doors

- Indicator flash.

- Passive arm and intelligent rearm.

- Programmable features inlcude: anti-hijack locking, interior light illumination plus more.

- Pager upgrade available.

ive not had one false alarm yet.

the price ive forgoted but i think it was around £220 fitted. the place i got it fitted said that this would be the alarm he would recommend to all his customers.

i dont know much about alarms but this one seems good and is resonable money.

i had a c5 on my old n/a and its basically a lower model of the ai606, something like a cat 2-3 but you can upgrade it to full cat 1 whereas the ai606 is only cat 1. was still a good system none the less.

I've never heard a good word about Cliffords EVER. I admit that may because I've only ever spoke to folk with bad experiences, there may well be folk who have had good experiences with them, but i have honestly never heard a good word about them ever!

I have a cobra and am very happy with it.

Phil.

they're over complicated, so most average auto electricians can't make head or tails out of what to do with them. hence they're usually alot more hassle than they're worth (and thats why they cost so much more than other capable systems, sometimes upto double).

For those who are slating Cliffords, when was the last clifford you bought? Do you know that since about 2004 Clifford Alarms and Toad Alarms are built in the same place? It all comes down to fitting.

I would recommend them all the time, yes they are expensive but they do more than a Toad will.

I has a Clifford 650u fitted and programmed to work with my Blitz Turbo Timer, it was excellent! I would buy another clifford any day of the week.

The toads we are recommending were designed well before 2004, so they are certainly NOT the same kit. mwahahahaha ;)

well now i dont know what to say. its going to be either a clifford consept 650 mark 2 or a toad ai606. The clifford is more expensive but you can do more with it. i spoke to my boss today and he got me a number for a guy he has used for about 10 years. There a company called electromec in lincoln, the guy there said that he could do me either the clifford 650 mark 2 for £285 + vat fully fitted. But i guess if my boss and another guy at work hightly rates them they cant be bad.

i had a c5 on my old n/a and its basically a lower model of the ai606, something like a cat 2-3 but you can upgrade it to full cat 1 whereas the ai606 is only cat 1. was still a good system none the less.

The C5 is defiantly a Cat 1 mate, it says so on both mine and Keirz's alarm certificates. Insurance companies have reconised the C5 as a Cat 1 aswell.

Is a good alarm, never went off for any random reasons or anything like that.

yes mate, yours must have the t2 cat 1 upgrade, as i said, you can upgrade the c5 to a cat 1.

i installed one to my old n/a, mine was the c5-t2 cat 1.

still a good system, probably just as good as the 606.