Right i have a problem wondered if anyone can shed any light,

i fitted a de-cat about 2 months ago and did away with the o2 sensor, in the past two weeks its started to smoke a fair bit on tickover usually when its warmed up when im driving it doesn't smoke from what i can see. And its just pissing me off because im too proud of my car for people behind me at traffic lights or car parks to think its fucked. So my question is what does the o2 sensor actually monitors and does and could this be the problem or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance.

first off change your pcv valve. it may be a little blocked causing an engine breather problem.

if that doesnt work then maybe a bit of oil is getting past your oil deflector or shaft piston ring in your turbo. you wouldnt have had the smoke before as the cat would have been stopping most of it.

if the 02 sensor is the bottom one of the two on the decat, im not running with it either and have no smoke.

As above,turbo on it's way out. Easy to fix for now,just put the cat back on to absorb the oily smoke till a replacement turbo can be sourced.

is o2 the top or bottom of the two on decat rick? im assuming top, as the bottom one is just a cat temp sensor right? and not needed.

The top is the lamba sensor and the bottom is the o2 if im correct and not getting confused here? I need to find a reducer to fit the o2 sensor back in at the bottom (cant remember what size thread the sensor is). It doesnt appear to be oily smoke though it appears to be running rich and not burning all the fuel.

well im not running with the bottom sensor. im sure its not important and was told by many people its not needed. also my car is running fine with no issues or smoke.

The top is the lamba sensor and the bottom is the o2 if im correct and not getting confused here? I need to find a reducer to fit the o2 sensor back in at the bottom (cant remember what size thread the sensor is). It doesnt appear to be oily smoke though it appears to be running rich and not burning all the fuel.

What colour is the smoke?

Does it smell?