Are Starlets for OAPs?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair, uk n/a ep91's are old grannies cars really, its rare you see anyone else driving em, whereas the glanza's are so different in appearance, they're hardly distinguishable as a starlet to your every day joe blogg, although alot of people do think they're micra's from the rear.... :lol:

Lol :lol:

Good to see some hearty responses ;b

I think you have to give more credit to us n/a guys and gals :lol:

Of course the natural step up would be the glanza or ep82 but I think there are a lot of nice looking n/a eps on the site so feel proud to be a owner of an n/a and keep it up :lol:

I think the older generation dont drive ep82 because they are not as easily bought or found ;b

The ep91 is a very good runabout car tho and low on fuel economy until you put a nice backbox and induction kit on :lol:

Nice one

Peace

From Joz

Hi Shelly :lol:

I joined while you were away so never got to say HELLO :lol:

How was Hong Kong (thats were u went right ;:lol: ? I am going over in the summer with my cousins, I got relatives there ;b

See anything cool over there? Anything Starlet related? .

Yea there are like two honda civic type R's in town driven by old people. Never seen old peeps in a porsche tho ;b

Guess they just like to have nice cars NOT! :lol:

There are a few other starlets in town too (a lilac one and a green one) but don't seem them at night, people prob use em for running about in the day. I swear I saw one same colour as Phils outside Argos LOL!

Hear from ya soon

Peace :lol:

From Joz

@Jap_Starlet

Totally agree with you mate.

Its all about personal taste. It def aint no chavmobile because you can tell the majority of people on this site are sound as ;b Most people I talk to like to drive in the fast lane (as long as its safe), so the need for BHP, mods and driving fast is always gonna be there ;b

What starlet do you own mate out of interest and have you done any mods to it? Do you enjoy driving it?

Peace

From Joz

Not to worry Dave :lol:

The previous owner of my car was an old boy too ;b

At least he looked after it and got it regularly serviced.

Few paint touch ups, but you can't have everything.

Hows your car now mate? Aany pics of it in the rides section?

Peace :lol:

From Joz

Hi mate a few people on this site have seen pics of my starlet before i have a white sportif wiv a ms design bodykit blended to the bumpers and body,ms design rear spoiler,side strips removed and swages filled including the swages on the corners of the front and rear bumpers,bonnet badge removed,remote central locking fitted,door locks removed,boot lock and rear wiper removed,clear front indicators and side repeaters,dtm door mirrors,hks airfilter,booster tuning exhaust,15" white enkei alloys with 195/45 tyres,lowered 35mm on spax shocks(wanting some d2 coilovers next and a 1.5 5efe conversion)will ahve some pics up soon,and yeah i love driving it best car ive ever owned,and if i get rid of it,it will be for a glanza v

Hi Mate

Sounds awesome, you like your car flush (delocked etc) mate ;b Unfortunately I have no kit yet except for the TTE rear spoiler, but Im looking for glanza or bomex style side skirts and a front lip that resembles the tte one. I also got the same profile tyres as yours ;b With all your mods whats the top speed you achieved mate? Mine = 103mph.

I just got a TTE backbox so no real power gain there, your exhaust sounds interesting, does it give you any gain>

One thing I do have thats nice is the JDM inlet manifold, u heard of it? Very highly recommended and gives you less restriction and more give up the revs rather than being empty!

I am in the same court as you for the D2s. I only had my car for 5 months so it hasn't been lowered yet. I asked Dave Burwash of starletgtturbo.com if he was going to do another group buy for the D2s, he said maybe soon, so would you be interested mate because they would be an awesome buy? Thats what Im saving for anyways. Nice idea for the 1.5 5efe, Whitestarlet (gerard) says you can get the engine etc for £300.

Glanza V next for sure, if I was getting another car, but I love driving this one too.

Look forward to hearing from ya soon

From Joz

yeah its abit of a project just to show people that a starlet can be modded i dont understand why they never took off like corsa's/saxo's think they look nice as standard,sound like your idea about the front lip and the glanza side skirts will look sweet,fastest speed ive had is 120mph(which is the end of the clock)but i had the wind behind me i think,i can hit 115mph no probs,not sure if i get any gain from my exhaust not really felt any,i wouldnt mind a jdm inlet manifold,as for the d2's you can put my name down im deffo up for a group buy,thats my next purchase wanna drop the starlet to the floor hehe

Sound as mate.

I ain't the organiser of the group buy but I talked to the man himself and he said he may set one up very soon. I believe you may have to join toyotagtturbo.com to put your name down on any group buy list, but it would be class if it was exclusive to this site. So people if you are after D2's, wait and see if this group buy is gonna happen and keep looking on here and toyotagtturbo.com ;b They are already on special offer at £675 D2's check it.

So it all sounds good. Keep that suspension fund safe for now ;b

I am waiting on my strut brace, so rmsnoel, dude when you heading down to Beatties so I can meet ya and get me strut brace ;b

I always find I run out of road by the time I get to 100mph and it takes ages for the speedo to rise. Whats it like on yours? You have to agree, it is already fast at 90ish LOL

More bodykit will be last thing I put on as I want some more performance at the moment, but if I see anything I like I will snap it up for sure ;b

Peace

From Joz