Well i fancied the rota grids in white for my black glanza but alot of people i talk to say that rotas are quite rubbish and corrode and bend really easy, so is there a good wheels manufacturer that are better quality but about the same price range?? cheers starlybruiser :)

when u can get original jdm wheels off the auctions for the same price as Rotas why bother?

i got my prefect sa-90s for £250 delivered ffs, get a set of 4 rotas for that!

The rotas are simply cheap copies of expensive JDM wheels. Don't get me wrong they do look good but i've also read all over the webabout them breaking quite easily.

And Si has made a fantastic point as well. Why bother with the Rotas when you can have the real JDM wheels for less than Rotas from the Jap auctions.

Up to you buddy.

Bourkey

the only people who "like" rotas are the people who own a set and are to proud to admit they bought some shitty wheels ;)

get the proper wheels mate, they wont cost you alot more ontop.

Well i like Rotas and i dont own any.........

but theyre rotas ;)

best way to buy wheels in japan is in pairs. you can get wheels SILLY cheap doing that.

takes longer to get a set, but they are cheap. and sometimes can pick up some new sets for a few hundred.

the day mine snap in two will be the day i slate rotas. i dont care if there copies one bit. if it bothers others they should grow up.

rotas are good for the money.

the point si was making was that for the same money, you can get MUCH better wheels for the price, if you look for them.

tbh, the only ones that really let go hard are the flimsy designed ones like the CE28 reps etc. because they just dont have enough structure to cope with load.

the te37 copys wont snap like that, but the quality is still questionable. if you thumped a curb they may dent or crack easier than a forged wheel.

i just know what id be buying if i had the choice of a new set of rotas or a virtually new, second hand set of Rays.

if i knew what i have heard now about rotas i would probably not buy any. but the fact i have and speaking from my experience of owning them i cant see a problem with them at all. ive had mine 2+ years and they are still as good as the day i brought them.

all depends what you want, what price you want to pay and what you can find. but rotas are as good an option as any for the money.

no riko people will give views on there own experiences regardless of the "facts" that disagree with said "own experience".

The only people that dislike Rota's are the ones who are "JDM" and dont like copies ;)

I have owned a set with no problems at all and the wheels are still going strong on my mates car :p

As Keirz said, once a set I own snap in two then maybe I will slag them off but until then they a pretty good wheels

Although my next wheels wont be Rota's

• 1 month later...