ok i was doing some work to a spare rocker cover over the weekend,(grinding down the lines on the cover) getting it ready to paint, when i had a bit of a problem....

here's my work so far.

03052008025.jpg

03052008028.jpg

i had tapped up all the plug holes and pcv hole was blocked when my old man went and took them off to have a look at it and afterwards i found some tiny metal dust particles in and around the plug holes ad pcv valve hole, i intended to washer the rocker cover very well before painting it

my question is will the rocker now be safe to use, if the metal dust has gotten into the inner surfaces will the cover be safe to use once cleanedas i don't want the metal articles mixing with the oil, will cleaning the cover be enough to prevent any damage being caused to the engine whenits in use???

ah cool mate thanx

i didn't want to have to stop working on this one and get another because i cant afford it.... and could be arsed working on another one

ah good stuff i hope to finish off the sanding down and shoot most of the primers this weekend.... then paint and lacqueers in the coming week i don't have much time wit college exams and all. then i will start off my ride thread with this.....

thanx for the help lads

one thing with these.

make sure they are warm when you lay the paint on. because its a lump of metal, it holds the cold really well. and can lift the primer when drying.

i put mine on the gas hob for a few mins before i painted mine!

one thing with these.

make sure they are warm when you lay the paint on. because its a lump of metal, it holds the cold really well. and can lift the primer when drying.

i put mine on the gas hob for a few mins before i painted mine!

ah ok i hadn't though of that. cheers man