50 quid at powerflow :( could probably get it the same price anywhere else. Yeah I got flanges made up on cat and decat

I don't really have a decent camera to take vids :D or take pictures for that matter.

Got my decat done yesterday at exhausts UK £60 so not too bad, at first i though it was a bit wank seemed to make no difference at all and made the exhaust (TTE backbox off a SR) mega raspy there were new flat spots all over the revs, this is all while i had an open air filter in. So i thought ill give it a try with the standard airbox and my K&N pannel filter before i get the cat back in and fuck me its mint, the car feels fully different, pulls all through the revs a lot harder now, no more flat spots at all, love it. Only think is the backbox sounds too raspy at times like in the first 3000 revs when booting it, but it has made the exhaust a lot lot noisier than it was. Another thing is it stinks of petrol fumes now, this normal? Petrol useage has also gone up stupidly. Ill get a vid at the weekend, but over all defo worth it on a standard exhaust system especially for 60 quid. (i also have the rolla mani which helps loads too)

Got my decat done yesterday at exhausts UK £60 so not too bad, at first i though it was a bit wank seemed to make no difference at all and made the exhaust (TTE backbox off a SR) mega raspy there were new flat spots all over the revs, this is all while i had an open air filter in. So i thought ill give it a try with the standard airbox and my K&N pannel filter before i get the cat back in and fuck me its mint, the car feels fully different, pulls all through the revs a lot harder now, no more flat spots at all, love it. Only think is the backbox sounds too raspy at times like in the first 3000 revs when booting it, but it has made the exhaust a lot lot noisier than it was. Another thing is it stinks of petrol fumes now, this normal? Petrol useage has also gone up stupidly. Ill get a vid at the weekend, but over all defo worth it on a standard exhaust system especially for 60 quid. (i also have the rolla mani which helps loads too)

mine always pongs of fuel but thats the bee*r...i warned about the raspy sound on standard system...it shouldnt be to bad...just from like 3k-4k rpm...but if its really bad, the cowboy who made it, may of done a shite job and it has a nice big air leak.

Finally got round to putting a quick clip together with the decat. This is all standard exhaust system with just the SR backbox which was silent before the decat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmGzT_c7pw

and another vid of me driving off so you get the idea of how much louder it is, really was silent before the decat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgaB33gGAwM

let me know if you think it sounds shit haha id still recomend it to anyone with a n/a and standard exhaust.

• 1 month later...