just came across this on ph

na, many turbo setups dont have cooling equipment. if youre not boosting alot then the air wont really be too hot. its only when you reallly start to boost that it starts to need to be cooled.

that kit is probably only running about 5 psi. but would work well on a vtec due to the hi compression. it wouldnt need more boost as its just a mild performance upgrade. if he forged the engine and went crazy, youd need a cooler. but as it is now, its ok.

Well it's just typical american really "bigger is better" and all that.

I wont say anything more because someone might get annoyed with my narrow minded opinions :p

Japs can get the same power from much smaller engines with better economy aswell.

in the mid 70s jap cars were making like 60bhp lol

plus its not unusual for a small block to run upto like 300,000 miles without having a rebuild,

try that in a 2jz lol

a lot of the big american engines never ran intercoolers even with quite high power outputs, on that honda though for the price of one you would of thought he would of got one just for peace of mind

my mistake lol

What I meant to say was, recently (from the 90's onwards) the japs have been able to get the same amount of power from a much smaller engine than the americans do from their big engines.

The japs have really progressed and moved on from the 70s, whereas the americans are still using the same 30 year old engine.