Google browsing UKSC?

Noticed google was logged on to the forum browsing a post about cams;

google0fg.jpg

Is this because someone has searched google looking for stalet +cams for instance? Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me...

Funnily enough I was doing a presentation on the Google Mini Search Appliance yesterday so I might be able to help.

If Google was indexing the website, it would show up in the event logs as googlebot, not google.com. It certainly wouldn't create a user account, I'm guessing someone created the account google.com and was poking around.

*edit, unless the IPB board does some clever bits to indicate Google is parsing the site of course!*

Funnily enough I was doing a presentation on the Google Mini Search Appliance yesterday so I might be able to help.

If Google was indexing the website, it would show up in the event logs as googlebot, not google.com. It certainly wouldn't create a user account, I'm guessing someone created the account google.com and was poking around.

*edit, unless the IPB board does some clever bits to indicate Google is parsing the site of course!*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats not quite right actually ;)

my fella has his own website and every now and then google.com is on it. its the same for another website i use :huh: