My Starlet Sportif ''98''

Well ive allways wanted to start one of these and now I CAN!

got my starlet a couple of week back but only just took some pictures so hope you enjoy

its a 98 spec starlet sportif i Solida green :D

have got a few plans for it:

turbo convertion 4e-fet :D

glanza kit

rota grids (bronze ''15'')

mods so far:

TRD 1.3 bar rad cap

apexi induction kit

f_31052008322m_d9e8d7c.jpg

f_31052008323m_5ba4a0e.jpg

f_31052008324m_9169aa3.jpg

notice the Paseo in the reflection of the car :D has no engine in atm as my brother blew the old engine in it (4e-fte) turbo went and left car running for 20mins after tut tut :D

will show you some little presents for my starfish later :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the white starlet in front of mine is my brothers, my other brother also has a gt which will be running about 280bhp this week when he gets it mapped.

yeah its got a little rust not much tho its for sale if anyone is interested £100 no engine rolling chassis.

the next thing on the list is the grids but cant get them till july pay day as i need money for my 1st installment insurence, got my test on thursday take 3 :D stupid examiner had the same guy both times and he said i were speedin :| i put him rite not very good idea, i also hate when they ask you to pop bonnet and ask you stupid questions just feel like saying am a tech mate dont ask lol..

insurence will be ok money isnt and issue as im on my dads and hes 73!

Named driver is occasional driver, if its your daily drive then its insurance fronting. been discussed many times mate, feel free to search.

if you're changing the engine then thats even more important - the majority of major mainstream insurers wouldnt touch it if its had that level of mod anyways.

will look good.

but about the insurance, you dont think the insurance company is going to be a little suspisious? your dad who has 2 insurance policies, one of which is a heavily modified starlet, which just happens to have his sons name on the insurance?

they gave my mum a hard time putting me on insurance for a golf 1.6 when i was learning!!! just saying be careful, and be careful driving it theres a lot of power in a turbo ;)

good luck with the build tho

TOYOTAS run in the family haha we have:

2 ep91 starlets

1 ep82 gt turbo

1 camry 3.0 v6 ;)

1 carina 2.0

1 paseo

bit of an update think im going to keep my mods and save up to buy a glanza next year.....now got t think what to do now ;)

i had all that covered the only thing i needed was a 2mm headgasket to cover the enormous amount of high compression and for it to reconize positive atmospheric pressure a custom piggy bank would be added already mapped at 0.4 bar with a custom injector loom.

putting an engine in it defeats the object any one can put an engine in what the fun in that ;)

but like i said i am not doing it anymore am saving up for a glanza instead!

hmm in a way not really that hard of job take head off but new gasket on, change p.a.s pump n bracket, add oil filter adapter plate, turbo sump and feed, turbo mani de cat and exhaust, injecotrs, fpr, fuel pump, piggy bank and shes a peach ;) would have been good to see

mate youl get RAPED for a turbo converter sportif,a gt is expensive,keep the 4efe for a while and get used to it,do that up and get 100bhp.thats the same pace as a saxo vtr,perfect pace for a learner....trut me....ive had my gt since i was 16 and now ive turned 17 and its 200+bhp i know what its like...hence why im learning in a 306 dturbo...

id plan the 4efte later if i were you...

trust me,its best listning to advice as i never and now look where i am,im famous yeah,but for being an arse and not listning ,dont turn out the same dude!

by the way i wanna see this 4efte converted stock looking paseo lol...and this 280bhp gt....

your brother aint that si dude off tgtt is he?if so...i doubt VERY much that will get 280bhp haha

Howdy all, Can see why you guys are leaning on him with the insurnace i did the same on mt first car, i was a named driver on the policy. although after a year i went on my own we all know what its like when were young they want us to pay more but on the other hand the we get paid alot less lol.

Dub - Know what your saying mate best thing about it is we got a 4efte and a 5e in the back yard but he want to be diffrent and get his hands dirty hes an aprentice at Toyota so the experiance is good. (Still say he should put the 4efte after 12months) will know how to drive then young drivers + power = Disaster.

As for my Beast getting it road mapped "Friday" @ 1.4bar will get it rolling roaded next month. :D

by the way i wanna see this 4efte converted stock looking paseo lol...and this 280bhp gt....

your brother aint that si dude off tgtt is he?if so...i doubt VERY much that will get 280bhp haha

Paseo Was on TTGT running 1bar on fmic will all supporting mods although Turbo was a little worse for wear and eat its self.

And cal you running a forged TD04 GT? how you know what my car going to produce? if a Glanza can get 270 and he dosnt even have a ported and polished head and some other internal mods im running also a diffrent compression ratio not to say it was set up on a rolling road where a Road map Should achieve more hp. Hows it not going to gain that extra 10bhp? Been Playing in this ball park 4.5 Years now mate have a pritty good idea what im on with.

:D