Top Mounted ARC vs Blitz Front Mounted

depends what you want it for??

if your sticking with a mildly tuned ct9 powered engine then the arc would be the easiest and probably best option.

if you planning on going anywhere near 1 bar on a ct9, or going for a turbo conversion then you will need a fmic

And go for a wepr or petbeemer kit, Blitz and HKS fmic's are extremely expensive, and for what you need are not really needed. A blitz fmic and exhaust cost more new than my 94 GT with lsd lol!!!

Both the wepr and petbeemer kits are around £300 all in, and will probably actually do a better job than the blitz/hks with ct9 as are smaller, which is what you need for a ct9, td04 etc. You don't want a massive one..

Tobs

different leagues mate...

the arc's are for mild tuning, maybe something like a self learning sard/jam ecu upgrade, probably good for upto 170bhp (at a random guess, we'll see how far i can take mine...) but a fmic is a different league. even with a small fmic you're good for 250bhp, but as said, its horses for courses.

fmic is alot of effort and pipework, also a big draw of attention, so it all depends on what you're after.

i'm biased obviously, but the arc's are mint, but they're also stupidly expensive. i do not know what bhp they're good for, but i'll source an ecu, up boost, and see how far mine will go before it becomes the limiting factor.

Guest daveburwash
different leagues mate...

the arc's are for mild tuning, maybe something like a self learning sard/jam ecu upgrade, probably good for upto 170bhp (at a random guess, we'll see how far i can take mine...) but a fmic is a different league. even with a small fmic you're good for 250bhp, but as said, its horses for courses.

fmic is alot of effort and pipeword, also a big draw of attention, so it all depends on what you're after.

i'm biased obviously, but the arc's are mint, but they're also stupidly expensive. i do not know what bhp they're good for, but i'll source an ecu, up boost, and see how far mine will go before it becomes the limiting factor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't even compare a decent FMIC with a top mount interwarmer!! :huh:

i dont like the idea of the extra lag you get with front mount,

but then i dont like the interwarmer idea either, heat soak really spoils the fun.

if front mount wasnt so expensive i would go for one, is it cheaper to buy a starlet specific kit, or get one custom fitted?

and what about insurance, front mount can be so obvious and if you dont declare insurance your screwed!

You can't even compare a decent FMIC with a top mount interwarmer!! :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes dave, hence why i said they're COMPLETELY different things, well, actually i said the fmic's are a 'completely different league', if you think i was comparing them then please feel free to read what i wrote as much as you like, i dont think i could've explained it much clearer.

The arc tmic works a treat if you're only going for mild mods, and makes a very simple and easy upgrade from the stock one, but as soon as you wanna get serious with the mods the only way forward is a fmic.

i dont know what they're good for bhp wise, but i'm willing to try and find out. ;)

if its a limiting factor earlier on, then FMIC will be going straight on.

:edit: sorry if that sounded sarcy dave, didnt mean it to sound like i was getting funny or anything, was just trying to explain what i'd said. ;)

new, about £700, from somewhere like new zealand.

used, you'll have to keep your eye out on ebay and such, because they're rare for a reason. :huh:

i know where one is, but its got a little damage and is currently in japan.

im aiming towards 200+ so i think i might just save my self the hassle and money and go straight for a fmic.. allthough im not happy about the lag itll produce with the longer hardpipes , what fmic kits you guys using ? im currently saving for a blitz but the wepr's look quality..

have any of you considered a chargecooler? as in, water cooled?

not as laggy as a fmic and apparently have cooler inlet temps?

sounds like the best of both worlds to me?

I allready have a fmic aqua mist kit sitting in the spare room so that should bring charge inlet temps down a bit when i fit one. by the way seeing as theres alot of people viewing this thread, do any of you guys/gals know if rota make any wheels with a blue anodised lip instead of there usual red lips? or any decent uk suppliers of advan or volk/rays ? links also would be usefull :huh:

I know, all these questions im being a bit cheeky ;)

for volks rays your best bet is to do a search in google its what i did when i wanted a set, there are loadsa companies on there, i used funkyproduct in the end, or uv got sumo power and many others

like an intercooler but with water lines going in lol google it :huh:

Sumo power charge a bit extra for than other companys so ill pass with them, saw a nice set on ebay actually in 15" which is pretty rare for volks 2nd hand, immaculate white ones but there foookin 5stud ;)