Hello all, I thought I'd introduce our EP91 to the UKStarlet club community so here she is...

OurStarletLowRes12B.jpg

My wife and I have owned her for a few years now originally buying her for our daughter's first car but she decided she wanted an automatic so we kept it as a second car.

OurStarletLowRes5B.jpg

Being an Australian domestic market Starlet she came with the 4EFE which provided less than impressive performance to say the least so last year I picked up an EP82 GT front cut and over the Christmas break I removed the old motor in readiness for a new heart transplant...

OurEP91project3.jpg

The 4EFTE had done around 90k so renewed the belts etc whilst she was out plus, in view to increasing the perfomance later on, I fitted an "Extreme" full disc clutch rated at 40% firmer clamp rating...

OurEP91project2.jpg

The main trouble I had with the conversion was the ECU wiring which took me two full days to work through before I could get her running...

wiringnightmare.jpg

All went well from then on and stage 1 was complete following five days work.

The car now felt much more responsive on the road but ran out of go over 5500rpm so a few more things were planned...

OurEP91FMIC3.jpg

Off came the standard top mount intercooler and in went a 450x300x75mm ebay special front mount complete with home built 2.5" stainless pipework...

OurEP91FMIC2.jpg

This provided a bit healthier breathing but was more a preventative measure for things to come. Next on the list was to knock up a custom exhaust and dump pipe...

OurEP91de-catpipe1.jpg

Dump and exhaust including a high flow cat convertor are all in 2.5" stainless.

OurEP91centrepipe1.jpg

It looks a little excessive with the multiple cannon style mufflers but as the wife drives it more than me she wanted it quiet and drone free.

OurEP91Rearpipe.jpg

The exhaust upgrade made a big difference to the power delivery with much more stronger hit from 2750rpm all the way to 7000rpm without dropping off but now she would hit the boost cut on cold mornings even set on the low boost setting. To fix this a HKS actuator was ordered. Next on the list to modify was the manifold and being a person who loves the satisfaction of doing things myself it was out with the welder again...

OurEP91Manifold1.jpg

I made it from 1.25" steampipe following much research which showed this to be the most consistently used size for CT9's and the longest lasting material. I tried to keep the runners as short as possible without compromising the flow characteristics and have kept the CT9 in its standard position.

OurEP91Manifold4.jpg

To finish it off I gave it a heat wrap due to not allowing the standard heat shield to fit back on...

OurEP91Manifold6.jpg

Fitted up with the HKS actuator things are starting to get interesting in the torque steer department now which doesn't impress the wife too much I must sayrolleyes.gif

Ourmanifold1-1.jpg

Handling has been adressed with an EP82 GT front sway bar and strut brace, a whiteline adjustable rear bar, an adjustable panhard bar, 1.5" lower King springs and Monroe gas shocks all round plus a few neoprene bushes.

Front brakes are now EP82 GT with the rear drums to be replaced soon with EP82 GT discs as well.

OurEP91FMIC7.jpg

We scoured around and managed to pick up some Glanza panels from various places so once they were painted it was time to get naked and ready for a facelift...

OurStarletnaked3.jpg

Then all back together again...

OurStarletGlanza1-1.jpg

OurStarletGlanza2-1.jpg

OurStarletGlanza3.jpg

Rear spoiler and number plate garnish fitted...

IMGP1574.jpg

IMGP1573.jpg

IMGP1572.jpg

Will do some small detail work like reomve the "sports" sticker that came with the car, paint the window frame black-outs and add Glanza decals next plus we're planning a turbo upgrade looking for around 200hpatw.

David

Cheers guys :p

I've always liked to do my own fabrication and paint so if you are not happy with the results you only have yourself to blame plus it also makes the modification process alot more affordable.

The skirts are made in Oz by a company call "GT Autostyle" but I'm not sure if they'll post to UK. Here's the link anyway.

Dave

Cheers guys :p

I'd definitely swap the skirts for a pair of Glanza ones if they came up at the right price - i picked the current ones up cheap on evilbay before any of the Glanza bits went on.

T25/28 hybrid coming soon :(

Dave