Would this be ok? (EP91-N/A)

As I like to plan ahead... I'd like to know if this will be ok when I come to do a rear disc conversion:

I can remember someone saying the Starlet's brakes are biased towards the front - so a rear disc conversion with all standard sizes probably wont benefit too much.

But would it be alright to just buy some new calipers and big discs, put them on the front, and put the standard front discs on the rear?

(assuming they will fit with not alot of trouble)

They will be a fair bit of trouble as the rears are drums.

You can do a disk conversion at the back by putting a Glanza or GT (i think) at the back. I involves swapping ll the rear axle. Not massivly important unless your doing trackwork or wanting ABS. The reason being as the braking at the back does only 10-15% of the braking.

If you come across a back axle dirt cheap then do it (which i would definatley do) but in my opinion it's not worth the hassle. Just make sure your rear drums are working perfectly and im sure you will be fine.

Im sure someone else will prove me wrong but its just my experience. :).

Bourkey

Sounds like quite a lot of work then...

It would be nice to have painted calipers though :)

And really, 10%-15%? :( might aswell not have rear brakes lol

and no I'm not wanting ABS or nothing like that, if it makes any difference.

Don't get me wrong it looks a lot better than the shite looking drums at the back but for the hassle i would bother for only a touch of an improvement. If i did come accross a rear axle super cheap then id do it.

Bourkey

Brake bias is mad, its all about the fronts mate! And if you wanted to put the front disks on the back and bigger discs on the front you'd have to make up some custom caliper brackets :S

Just get a GT or V rear axle and whack that on, and get better discs/uprated pads/braided lines for the front. Stop like a pro then!