whats the SR? is it just like the sportif one or sumit?

i did a quote (sayin am 17 not 16) and that I've got a provisional (but i dont yet) 1.3 sr starlet, 3rd party fire n theft for £758 with quinn direct

SR is the sporty na version

Comes with speedlines alloys, TTE exhaust, TTE spoiler, TTE lowering springs (-25mm), a rev counter, elecy windows, remote central locking and some funky stickers :p

and now i want an SR. thanks sparkey :p

i thought insurance was hard for anyone on an import if they are younger than 25?

i remember someone having alot of hassle ringing around trying to get someone to cover him (23) on an imported car. and it was a non turbo :S

Fully comp on my own came to £2100

Fully comp on my mums was £1100

Third party, fire & theft on my own is £1500 with alloys and exhaust declared and £250 excess, without mods declared and £500 excess its £1400

Third party, fire & theft on my mums is £750 with mods declared and £250 excess

all best with Quinn Direct, im going to go with the 1500 and 250 excess

all quotes for a 1.3 CD by the way

did you put your dad as the keeper etc Josie? insurance seems so biased on females if not :S

Hiya & welcome!

My 1st car was a 2.0 ford mondeo ghia x in dads name of course also was an auto and had starship mileage on it

couldnt insure it in my name they wanted £2,000. :p

then i got a quote for the starbo in my name after been driving 1yr, No NCB tho and its jus over a £1,000 full com

which am happy with at the moment should go down alot nxt year

its your age and inexperience that goes against you.

hope you find a nice starbo :p

whats the SR? is it just like the sportif one or sumit?

i did a quote (sayin am 17 not 16) and that I've got a provisional (but i dont yet) 1.3 sr starlet, 3rd party fire n theft for £758 with quinn direct

jesus with full license at 18 on an SR my quote was £1400!

........16???

oh my...

I Don't see that being an issue?

i turned 17 two months ago and started lessons straight away, then a couple weeks ago some 18/19 year old bumped INTO ME after he spent the previous 10 minutes queuing up my arse, totally his fault and ima be getting a nice little pay out.

so it just goes to show, even us younger ones have our heads screwed on more than the people already on the roads!

Edit: Also back on topic with Josies £750 quote, im pretty sure its with her dad on the policy because the same policy for me with my mum is almost exactly the same from quinn direct

hey

im 17 and was in the same position as you. im soo desperate for a glanza but there is noo way i could ever get insured at 17.

i have a white SR which is way better first car than anyone i know :p , they are great little cars, cheap to run and insure, plus alot of fun and no1 else has 1 ! :p

best to build up your no claims and then get a glanza

cheers

i want to get an sr but cant seem to find any I've looked on autotrader n ebay, and ther all sportif ones. how much do they go for?

and im not sure if the £785 was for the year or a month :) might only be a month?

and i might only be 16 but i can go foward n reverse in me backgarden! lol but only in straight lines

Welcome to the club!!!!!

If you want a Glanza that much then get one. It sounds like you have got your heart set on it so go for it.

Just keep the above advice in mind though if the price starts getting too igh :)

Bourkey

yup, if you really want one and can afford to...i would also say why not....just because you get a quick car as your first doesnt mean you have to batter it everywhere...just be careful if you do.

Welcome to the club by the way ;)

i defo want a starlet, just dont know whats the differnce in them yet expect the obvisous ones like a glanza! il probly end up gettin a sportif cause i never see any SRs anywhere!

• 2 weeks later...

when you pass your test you think you are a driving god......even i did! but ive driven for a year and a bit now, and what they teach you in the test is sod all from what you really need to know!

after driving a saxo (madly) for a few months and drive a RWD hilus pick up (even more madly) i think i can handle a turbo now!

ment to be getting it tomorrow, but the DVLA reg plate info hasnt come in yet..............