Hi there guy's,

Bout to get my EP91 Starlet Turbo '97 and i wanted to upgrade the injectors from stock to 330cc injectors.(330cc MX6)

2bbe_1.jpg

Settings:

Stock Turbo Engine

Racing Airfilter on factory pipes

10.2mm Sparkplug Leads with iridium sparkplugs(are the plugs good or do i have to swap them to?)

Stock BOV

Stock Brakes

Blitz Dual Turbo Timer

Stainless Steel Exhaust dirct from downpipe to the back with a stock tip on it.

Stock Clutch

Enkei Lightweight Racing Rims 15"

Tire 195/50R15

-1 Can i swap to the 330cc just like that or do i need to change some parts?

-2 Is the swap gonna help me in what way?

-3 Do i need a fuelcut Defencer

If 1 of you guy's can help just let me know if i'm doing it right and please give me some advice for other thing that i could do after that.

Thanks in advance

Tha Dragon

as its seems you dont seem very clued up...why do you want to change the injectors in the first place?

Bit more power i guess

I'm new at this and just want to upgrade the basics then when i feel that i'm good i'll upgrade a bit more.

thanks for the reply

Are you american or something? :p

stock --> standard

No but that how we talk about it here,i live in the caribean from the beautifull island called Curacao

that's how we talk about it here sorry if i said something wrong,that's why i joined the forum so that guy's like you can fill me in.

Thanks in advance

No but that how we talk about it here,i live in the caribean from the beautifull island called Curacao

that's how we talk about it here sorry if i said something wrong,that's why i joined the forum so that guy's like you can fill me in.

Thanks in advance

No it's just me being picky :p

Anyway, if you're going to increase the amount of fuel going in, you're also going to need to increase the amount of air going in, so you still get the right air/fuel mixture.

Too much fuel will mean you're running rich and losing power and mpg, too much air will mean you're running lean, the engine will be running hotter than it should be...

No it's just me being picky :p

Anyway, if you're going to increase the amount of fuel going in, you're also going to need to increase the amount of air going in, so you still get the right air/fuel mixture.

Too much fuel will mean you're running rich and losing power and mpg, too much air will mean you're running lean, the engine will be running hotter than it should be...

CAn you give some ideas on what to do?

I'm not too good when it comes to turbo's, but as I said if you're putting more fuel in you'll need more air aswell to keep the air/fuel mixture at the correct ratio.

But this is where the restrictions of the standard exhaust manifold and TMIC come in...

I'm not too good when it comes to turbo's, but as I said if you're putting more fuel in you'll need more air aswell to keep the air/fuel mixture at the correct ratio.

But this is where the restrictions of the standard exhaust manifold and TMIC come in...

So your suggesting that should go FMIC and go to a custom exhaust manifold?

i was about to buy a boost controller but i understand that EP91 Turbo doesn't need that for now,i heard it's more meant to be for when i wanna upgrade to go much faster?

it depends what you want out of your car really...do you want to make it silly fast, or just a bit quicker than standard, on a standard engine and turbo?

Bit quicker than standard on a standard engine and turbo,would be fine.

Do you have a setup or something that i can start to work on?

i wouldnt worry about messin with your injectors at the moment with your set up dude, sort handlin brakes out ect then once ya cracked that, then maybe a blow off valve,new mani, uprated TMIC or FMIC pendin on what kinda set up ya want.boost controller, theres so many ways to go with these cars to get power from them it all depends on budget and what ya want.

but i would say theres not much point in changin ya injectors as your standard ones will be doing fine with your set up

You don't need injectors just now mate, you won't need larger injectors until your running over 200-220bhp then the injectors will be struggling to supply enough fuel.

If you're wanting to do some basic mods just now to get some more power, you should look at changing the exhaust manifold, a decat if you've still got the stock downpipe and then maybe a front mouted airfilter.

These mods will also increas the boost a little as the turbo will be breathing easier so you should also get a boost gauge to monitor it, you can run upto 0.8bar happily with the stock ecu providing adequate fuel and it will still be a nice bit quicker.

You should also start looking at the stock brakes and suspension which are pretty poor....

Stock injectors are fine for what you have now.

I only upgraded mine when i had

uprated manifold

performance exhaust

seperated decat

hybrid turbo

FMIC

Apexi power FC

uprated air filter

uprated leads and plugs

i cant be bothered to write loads...so toby did this a while back...very good guide..this is when you may considering changing your injectors (around the 200BHP mark)

Below is what we list as a general guide for 200hp with chassis and brakes to match, for 240hp swap the CT9 parts for a TD04 kit :

• Toy Tuning Hybrid CT9 or Equiv

. Toy Tuning Mild Steel Manifold

• Decat

• Cat Back system (Greddy/5Zigen)

* HKS/TT Adjustable Actuator

The car is now expelling gases more efficiently.

• Power Enterprise Air Filter

• Heat Reflective tape for Inlet Track

. Replocate to front bumper

Car is now breathing more efficiently

• Raise the Rear of the Bonnet with washers

• Front Mounted Intercooler

• Sard Thermostat

• Sard Rad Cap

Car is now cooling more efficiently

• New Spark Plugs (NGK 7 – one grade colder)

• New HT leads (Magnecore 8.0mm)

Ignition system now works

• Uprated Fuel Pump

• Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator

. Greddy Emanage or an FCD

• Rolling Road Session

Car now fuelling adequately

This should net you around 180bhp - 200bhp on 18 psi max. This then leaves the brakes and chassis which will need to be sorted to cope with the power. I would recommend at a min:

• 3G 10GR Front Disks

• Mintex Pads

• New OEM Rear Pads

• Braided Brake Lines

• Cusco BMCS

You can now stop!

• D2 Coilovers / Koni Shock Absorbers with Whiteline Springs

• Front and Rear Strut Braces (Cusco)

• Whiteline Panhard Rod

• Cusco Lower Arm Bar

• Anitlift kit

Power to ground greatly improved.

That’s a basic list of what we recommend, obviously there are many more parts that will net you a good handling car that can stop with power to match but that should give you a good idea.

For 240hp you can consider a forged engine, you may okay with a good tune but it depends on the current condition of the engine..

T

i wouldnt worry about messin with your injectors at the moment with your set up dude, sort handlin brakes out ect then once ya cracked that, then maybe a blow off valve,new mani, uprated TMIC or FMIC pendin on what kinda set up ya want.boost controller, theres so many ways to go with these cars to get power from them it all depends on budget and what ya want.

but i would say theres not much point in changin ya injectors as your standard ones will be doing fine with your set up

Ok,good point but if i can get it to un a bit faster then the standard ones on turbo i would be very greatfull if you guy's can help me?

Cause it's going to be a car for every day driving but in the weekends here we street race every weekend and i want it to go a bit faster then the other ones around here.

Cause my brother in law has one to but these days there are some guy's with there v-tech's and i really want to give then a taste of my pocket rocket but on standard it wouldn't help me that much that's why i'm trying to upgrade a bit and after that i just want to lay back for a couple of months to upgrade a bit more to go for some bigger prey understand?

For us here it's just the R.E.S.P.E.C.T that count's and every other weekends there is a winner that street King for a weekend and one of these days i would want to be at the throne for a week or something.

Thanks for the reply guy's.

Tha Dragon

Not sure on the Law out there but street racing is never a good idea :p

But as said you might want to be able to handle and stop before messing with the engine :p

That giude rob posted up from Toby is the way to go :p

Not sure on the Law out there but street racing is never a good idea :p

But as said you might want to be able to handle and stop before messing with the engine :p

That giude rob posted up from Toby is the way to go :p

Thanks Rob,

and the Law here is the same i think cause it's ilegal to but it's what we do in the weekends here and you wil get such a rush out of it.

Thanks for the info guy's

1 more question how much bhp does these car's have standard on standard turbo?

Thanks Rob,

and the Law here is the same i think cause it's ilegal to but it's what we do in the weekends here and you wil get such a rush out of it.

Thanks for the info guy's

1 more question how much bhp does these car's have standard on standard turbo?

130bhp ish standard, sparkys only jelious because he wants to be the street king lol

130bhp standard, sparkys only jelious because he wants to be the street king lol

Lol,thanks guy you were very helpfull

I don't know if i can ask this here in this thread but i just posted a thread with the pic of the car and a vinyl that i want to put on it but i don't know if you guy's know somebody on the forum that can help me put the vinyl on my car as a preview.

Then i could think about buying the vinyl or not.

Thanks guy's :p

Lol,thanks guy you were very helpfull

I don't know if i can ask this here in this thread but i just posted a thread with the pic of the car and a vinyl that i want to put on it but i don't know if you guy's know somebody on the forum that can help me put the vinyl on my car as a preview.

Then i could think about buying the vinyl or not.

Thanks guy's :p

ah right my misses may be able to do it for ya, il ask her tonight, also i saw the vinyl you was thinkin of puttin on (guess you like dragons) now you gotta be real carefull how you go about it without spoiling the look of the car, i personaly wouldnt put a massive dragon on the side of my car as i dont rock that way, but im cool with certain grathics as long as it looks suitable. if ya know what i mean man.

ah right my misses may be able to do it for ya, il ask her tonight, also i saw the vinyl you was thinkin of puttin on (guess you like dragons) now you gotta be real carefull how you go about it without spoiling the look of the car, i personaly wouldnt put a massive dragon on the side of my car as i dont rock that way, but im cool with certain grathics as long as it looks suitable. if ya know what i mean man.

I got you,i got you.

Thanks and give thanks to the misses to if she can do it. :p

I got you,i got you.

Thanks and give thanks to the misses to if she can do it. :p

yeah cool, il ask tonight if not sure one of the guys from here will sort ya out.

any other graphics ya thought of? maybe some a bit smaller and lil bit more chilled out, alot of people are doing manga stuff nowa days which looks sweet wen done right.

yeah cool, il ask tonight if not sure one of the guys from here will sort ya out.

any other graphics ya thought of? maybe some a bit smaller and lil bit more chilled out, alot of people are doing manga stuff nowa days which looks sweet wen done right.

Not sure yet but still looking for other Graphics,but when i'm so far i'll give you a shout!!!

thanks man very helpfull

Great Forum

SHOUT OUT TO UKSC!!!!!!

like ya'll say Thanks mate's!!!!