having just turned on the sun to read whats going on in the world today i find the following article

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...icle1418698.ece

and it has irritated me.

my views below. as posted on the article itself

An apology to Britain

Dear fellow britons,

I feel from reading this artical that I must apologise for many things. firstly I apologise for being 19 years old. how dare I buy an old "gas guzzling" banger of a car, and then in my own selfishness even consider driving it.

Then I must apologise for having no plans of in the near future of buying an "eco-car" on my 7k apprentice salary, of which a sixth of is taken by the goverment.

only in britain do we get paid, then the goverment takes roughly 16-20% off us hard working people. then we need to live, which of course is a crime. so we take the remainder of our money and spend it on our neccessities, to which the goverment happily rob's us of another 17.5% of our wages. GOD HELP YOU IF YOU SHOULD WANT PETROL.

the uk has the second highest rate of V.A.T in the world. and damn near the highest fuel prices, Great britain? don't make me laugh. why do the MP's get allowances for things we pay out our own pocket? how can an MP on his 60k up salary not manage to afford the things i can afford?

It is time for a change, but this will not come about until the inevidable economic collapse of this once great country.

My views are stated.

How many time do i have to say, cars produce hardly any emissions, its Agriculture, farming for cotton, pesticides, manufacturing, electricity, power stations and so on...

Lol i love that first comment on there.

Easy for them to say that when there sitting on 60k+ a year i read a little while ago in the Sun that MP's are pushing for a 12,000 rise by 2010...

So they sit rich and rob us dry :o

I think they've lost touch with reality due to earing so much tbh...

Easy for them to say that when there sitting on 60k+ a year i read a little while ago in the Sun that MP's are pushing for a 12,000 rise by 2010...

So they sit rich and rob us dry :o

I think they've lost touch with reality due to earing so much tbh...

so i think we are all agreed, we are voting to keep labour ya?

their was a lot of complaints from some bigots when he was appointed "ah we don't want a scottish prime minister its not right, he won't be good at it" thanks for proving it you wank...

lets be fair, he managed as the chancellor. just. but as the prime minister the country has quite literally collapsed beneath him.

just realised he was the mp for dunfermline up to 2005. good job there too.

He's a dick!

by the time i past my test (hopefully in the next few weeks!!)

its gona be impossiblebecause of the price u need to pay to drive!!! :o

no money will get spent on modding as we wont be able to run the bloody things!!!!!!!!

we should start a protest!! lol

-Darn Tee-

right, heres british law..

you arent aloud to touch the c*** that breaks into your house.

even if you walk down the stairs with a shotgun, you will get done and they get off scotfree.

even if you walk down the stairs with a shotgun, you will get done and they get off scotfree.

Actually you are wrong there mate!

I read in the telegraph the other day you can shoot, stab, kill them if it's reasonable to do so! Make sure you shoot em in the face or stab em in the front......if you do them in the back then you will be prosecuted ;)

Heaven help anyone who trys breaking into my house, my crossbow is silent and will pin the fuckers to the wall ;)

Reading a variety of papers can give you a more balanced review of current affairs, some papers lean towards different political stances and can give slightly bias information.

I understand the feelings in this thread and I am by no means belittling your opinions, I agree with a lot of what has been said, but some assumptions have been made that I feel are in slightly unknown territory. As I am led to believe you are allowed to defend yourself, but can't use unnecessary force without due cause.

If someone harmed someone in my house believe me when I say I'd do everything I can to get them to the floor, but if I walked downstairs and a teenage kid was rummaging near my computer I would not stab him in the front.

About our government though, I have some very strong opinions, a lot of stuff is wrong with it.

Cheers.

Reading a variety of papers can give you a more balanced review of current affairs, some papers lean towards different political stances and can give slightly bias information.

I understand the feelings in this thread and I am by no means belittling your opinions, I agree with a lot of what has been said, but some assumptions have been made that I feel are in slightly unknown territory. As I am led to believe you are allowed to defend yourself, but can't use unnecessary force without due cause.

If someone harmed someone in my house believe me when I say I'd do everything I can to get them to the floor, but if I walked downstairs and a teenage kid was rummaging near my computer I would not stab him in the front.

About our government though, I have some very strong opinions, a lot of stuff is wrong with it.

Cheers.

the question you have to ask yourself is if you caught someone robbing you and they went for you. how would you react.

would you defend with intent to kill. could you carry that weight?

or do you let them fight you with the chance they will kill you?

truth of the matter is its not a situation i want to find myself in. but we as humans need the right to defend ourselves.

in this country we ban guns. so the only people who have the guns are the people who have them illegally, what sort of stance are we in? we are law abiding citizens who run the risk of being shot.

we have a major problem in this country. i don't need to read a paper to see that.

so please don't say my opinion is bias

the question you have to ask yourself is if you caught someone robbing you and they went for you. how would you react.

would you defend with intent to kill. could you carry that weight?

or do you let them fight you with the chance they will kill you?

truth of the matter is its not a situation i want to find myself in. but we as humans need the right to defend ourselves.

in this country we ban guns. so the only people who have the guns are the people who have them illegally, what sort of stance are we in? we are law abiding citizens who run the risk of being shot.

we have a major problem in this country. i don't need to read a paper to see that.

so please don't say my opinion is bias

I think you've hit the nail on the head, I for one would give it everything I've got... No messing about. If someone forces their way into my home, I think it should be legal to use as much force as I can. They shouldn't be there, and had they not been breaking the law, they would have been fine ;) I'd fully expect a kicking, deservedly, should I break into someones home as they sleep, or otherwise.

I know what you mean, but I also think this is from a 'good' point of view (they'll on re-commit the crime, to someone else), and I don't feel people who commit intrusive crimes (burglary/car theft (and the physical equivalents) etc) deserve these rights....

Just my 2 cents...

Dave

abit of a debate here ;) i only have two views, lay off gordon brown and what other party has skills to lead the country, we need to stick with labour as none of the others have a decent enough gameplan if they came to power.