Hey guys,

i was going to Toyota in Sandhurst to order something for my parcel shelf which seems to have snapped... Anyways, whilst i was looking for a space, here is what i stumbled across..

Theres a small story to go with it, but i'll let you see the pics first.

(Please bare in mind, my camera phone is crap and my photography skills are non-existant. I was also backed up against a fence so i couldn't get a full body shot.)

28072008005.jpg

28072008006.jpg

28072008003.jpg

28072008blankplate.jpg

28072008010.jpg

28072008011.jpg

28072008002.jpg

28072008004.jpg

Please share your comments.

Lol, yep, you guessed it. Its an MR2, don't know which one tho, probably the one before the MRS because it was quite long.. But the brakes are just thin plates placed between the real brakes and the wheels. The red calipers you can see are plastic, with the real brakes hidden behind it. <_<

The funny part was that it started to rain a little bit and the toyota guys were trying to get the roof up and first they didnt know how to work the latches (plus not wanting to brake anything in the process), they managed to get the boot up, and i saw the standard toyota mr2 engine in there, 1.8 vvti, then they coudnt figure out how to stuff the roof flaps into the boot, so hey left the boot resting on the roof cover in pic 6. Good thing it wasn't raining heavily or they'd be in trouble.

The Toyota guys told me the owner dropped it off for a service because its a standard engine and all that, so it was ok for them to work on.

I DID think there was somthing odd about it.. but all the other farrari mr2 kits that i've seen were different, so i thought it genuine with my lack of knowledge, but i was wrong. They were saying the main thing that gave it away was the sound..

Thought i'd share this one off experience..

thats a good rep. i see a rev 3 mr2/rarri f355 rep once a week and the guy who owns it justifies it to people like this (and i must say that i agree):

"i will never own a real f355, this way i get to own one that i can use every day!

plus most ferrari's get used once every few months on a sunday afternoon and rarely get driven hard or on a track, so basically, they're all about the show... so why do they need to have the performance? so thats what i've got, an all show ferrari"

i know people wont agree, but i totally see where he's coming from.

I saw one of these on autotrader a while ago

Good idea if u ask me especially if uv a bit of noise coming from the engine bay

No where near as much of a rip off as the real thing surely :D