Debadging Bonnet

as sicaln said. the holes in the bonnet will need filling and spraying over. once dun know doubt car will look smooth

if i spray over, it'll mean my cars colour won't really match will it? (its red and 10 years old so you can imagine the battering its got from the sun over the years)

if i spray over, it'll mean my cars colour won't really match will it? (its red and 10 years old so you can imagine the battering its got from the sun over the years)

my car is red and the paint was abit tired, but with a good wax a t - cut and wax it should bring it back to life

is the car more a pink colour than red, if you polish it it should bring it up so the paint matches

Gary

is the car more a pink colour than red, if you polish it it should bring it up so the paint matches

Gary

Use an electric buffer with some g3 rubbing compound and a water spray bottle.Spray the bonnet with water lightly, like a mist of water, then apply some g3 paste to the paintwork, and lightly buff the whole car over.Dont leave the buffer in one spot for too long or youll burn through the paintwork to the primer or metal underneath.

Do it properly and itll bring the paintwork up like showroom condition.

Before you do it, worth getting a stone chip pen and filling any chips/scratches then cutting the paintwork back.Take youre time and itll blend all the chips in and youll not notice them.

Do that for the 2 holes on the bonnet, filler behind the holes then paint the holes on the outside.cut it all back and youll never know.

Just remember to always use a mist of water on the paintwork though with g3 or the heat build up will literally wipe the paint clean off :)

Craig

Gary

yeah guy who is selling to me said when its polished up it looks perfect, i was just a little worried if new paint over that small area would be too bright though?

Use an electric buffer with some g3 rubbing compound and a water spray bottle.Spray the bonnet with water lightly, like a mist of water, then apply some g3 paste to the paintwork, and lightly buff the whole car over.Dont leave the buffer in one spot for too long or youll burn through the paintwork to the primer or metal underneath.

Do it properly and itll bring the paintwork up like showroom condition.

Before you do it, worth getting a stone chip pen and filling any chips/scratches then cutting the paintwork back.Take youre time and itll blend all the chips in and youll not notice them.

Do that for the 2 holes on the bonnet, filler behind the holes then paint the holes on the outside.cut it all back and youll never know.

Just remember to always use a mist of water on the paintwork though with g3 or the heat build up will literally wipe the paint clean off :)

Craig

thanks bud, wondering though, how much would my family friend (he is a mechanic) charge me if i asked him to do it at a mate rate you reckon?