hi all!!

Well as you can from my forum name...im dan and currently got me an fto.

Anyway, put mine up for sale as i fancy a change - something a bit different....oh and a manual.

anyway with them being a 1.3 but can be a very nippy car, ive decided to get...you guessed it a nice little starlet.

like the ep82 95 model with quad lights, thinking of a white one, as wanted a white car but never been able to find one i like.

Sods law - ive found one but without selling my car i cant raise the funds to buy it, and i go away next week to portugal for a week, so just hope when i get back mine sells quickly and the starlet is still available.

Anyway i have a few questions - as i have never owned a turbo before and no very little about turbos, waste gates etc etc, so wil be reading through the forum learning some new stuff!

it says there is a high/low boost setting - is this just a switch and can you change the amount of boost it boosts at?

apart from a filter and exhaust, it seems pretty standard - what would you recomended mod wise would be the first mods as such?

ive read about boost controllers/turbo timers?? confused as to what they are?

aslo is a blow off valve same as a dump valve?

sorry if they seem like really stupid questions, as i said never had a turbo before!

cheers

Dan

welcome to the site mate in respone to your qs

it says there is a high/low boost setting - is this just a switch and can you change the amount of boost it boosts at?

yes indeed it is, if you have it pressed in the car boots 0.5bar, if u depress it, it is 0.7 bar, its supposed to make it safer on less pleasant weather days

apart from a filter and exhaust, it seems pretty standard - what would you recomended mod wise would be the first mods as such?

id get used to it like that first, but most people tend to either go for new alloy wheels and new shocks/springs or coilovers, u may also wish to change the tmic to a fmic

ive read about boost controllers/turbo timers?? confused as to what they are?

a boost controller, allows u to see set quantites for how much boost u want to run, not unlike the button above, but u can choose your own settings, a turbo timer is hooked into your electrics and allows the car to continue running after you remove the key for a set time to allow the turbo to cool down - as very hot to cold will lead to problems

also is a blow off valve same as a dump valve?

yes the same, the car as standard comes with a recirculating one, whic most people change to a venting type

Welcome to UKSC ;)

Looks like the suspension is uprated on it so I would recommend uprating the front discs and pads and possibly braided hoses next before "upping" the power :o

Engine wise I would then get a HKS actuator, so you can hold stable amounts of boost, along with a decat and possibly front mount intercooler. You may need to have a Fuel Cut Controller/Defender (FCC/FCD)

Anyways hope you find what your looking for on here and a nice GT ;)