if you get your car supergaurded you dont have to polish it for 3 years and dirt just wipes off but i think its like £100 or something

I haven't heard anything good about such products. The marketing jargon makes it sound great, but most professional detailers will strongly advice against using them and consider them a waste of money.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rumour is its £500 a tub, but if you weigh it up over how long it would last, its not actually that bad an investment. If only I had a car at the house that was worth protecting lol!

lol, that is fairly pricey. Still, cheap as chips compared to Devine and Royale! Is it gonna be a contender for the £***** waxes?

page4image.jpg

Paul's new Swarovski Crystal pot wax, the 'Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock Wax' is a £10,000 wax with a staggering 76% pure white Carnauba concentration. the £500 pot is no different, just a lot smaller and minus the crystal case - it comes in a plastic pot. Plus for the £10k pot paul will travel to you anywhere in the world and detail your car and instruct you on how to use your new purchase.

optical perfection...

IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_9260.jpg

remember the door is sprayed up carbon...

bugattiinblack.jpg

god you would wouldnt you!

im using Swissvax shield to maintain my girlfriends Fiesta anniversary, my mums corolla and my dads yaris (guess who wears the trousers there lol!)

before my mr2 got wrote off, I applied 3 coats to it, then it got wrote off, and lay there for 6 months outside, and was literally caked with 5h1t, after 6 months I snowed the car, and there it was good as new underneath.

My mothers car has two coats on it, my fathers yaris has 1 coat, and leannes fiesta has 3 coats. I also applied a coat to a mondeo, and a 200zx got two coats. Im about a quarter through my tub.

based on re-coating each car every 4-6 months, id say ive another two years left in it. So if you do the maths and forgot about the other cars ive done, theres 18 months left, so approx 2 years per pot for 3 cars.

I spent £70 on my shield, so divide it by 24, and it costs me approx £3 a month to keep my folks cars lookin tight, and my girlfriend smiling! cant really complain can I?

asper the high carnauba content in crystal rock, my understanding is that its a similar premise to royalle wax in that its enzyme based and doesnt solidify untill its reacted with the moisture in your skin.

I browse detailling world sometimes, but im settled now with the chemicals I use, so I find browsing it makes me want to do bad things like spend money on new stuff!

I wash with a citrus degreaser and snow foam first using the foam master

rinse

wash again using maxi suds and snow foam,

rinse,

air dry (I use a water filter)

re-apply wax if needs be.

if im doing a car from scratch I would then clay the car, correct the paint using the porter cable, clean with swissol paint cleaner, then seal with klasse, then wax, then final seal with wet mirror from chemical guys

what he said ^^

i need mine done bad, in some mid day lights on my drive the swirls in my bonnet are unbelieveable.. id rather pay someone to do it properly instead of me buying all the products and faffing it up.

by the way you owe my auto a once-over don't you Al? Must get that done at some stage!

indeed I do sir! must get her in for a weekend, at least I have a td04 Sportif as a courtesy car, beats most 1L punto or Corsa courtesy cars lol!

TBH regarding charging people I do it more for the love of it, on average I spend around 16-30hrs on a car for 100% correction where the canvas allows it.

Most people I just ask to pay me what they feel they think im worth, given how good/bad the starting point is. I have yet to earn money detailling a car lol as I would rather see people going away 150% sold on what they got was good value for money. Perhaps this is where im goin wrong lol!

I realllllllllly want to get my hands on Jays mk1 when hes ready to show it.

this is after auto glym resin polish which i have been usin on my cars for the past 4years gives this result

P1010246.jpg

P1010244.jpg

i even polish my wheels with it! (the centre painted area only)

P1010267.jpg

dont have any pics of when i have used maguries, but maguires is even better!! imo

On the subject of the mk1 Alan, what would you recommend for new paint that has been lying under a sheet for a year? I've only polished the car once with turtle wax since the respray.

nothing at all! just leave her be! step away from the Auto glym, replace the car cover and grab tenbeer....

Ill do her with the real gear! how are you for water pressure in the vogue by the way?

I haven't heard anything good about such products. The marketing jargon makes it sound great, but most professional detailers will strongly advice against using them and consider them a waste of money.

they do it on most new cars at main dealers, like madza n toyota n ford, only get done at a garage (as far as i know) and they put a sticker on the car saying it been supergaurded. if you get it supergaurded but are thinking of getting it resparyed or something youll have to do everything first like painting and anything else you want, cause they wont stick to the car

Auto glym deep shine

OR

Auto glymresin polish?

For your car mate, defo Super Resin Polish (SRP). It contains light abrasives that gently remove swirls and and cleanse the paint, it also contains fillers which sink into the imperfections of the paint to give it the shine.

Ultra Deep Shine, that is less of an abrasive and more of a filler designed for darker paints like black. I wouldnt bother with it on anything much lighter than that. Plus if you use Extra Gloss Protection on your car, it doesn't bond to it as well as it would with SRP.

I still have SRP in my detail bag and I think its the best product that AutoGlym make without a doubt.

Hope that helps mate. :p

For your car mate, defo Super Resin Polish (SRP). It contains light abrasives that gently remove swirls and and cleanse the paint, it also contains fillers which sink into the imperfections of the paint to give it the shine.

Ultra Deep Shine, that is less of an abrasive and more of a filler designed for darker paints like black. I wouldnt bother with it on anything much lighter than that. Plus if you use Extra Gloss Protection on your car, it doesn't bond to it as well as it would with SRP.

I still have SRP in my detail bag and I think its the best product that AutoGlym make without a doubt.

Hope that helps mate. :mellow:

Top man, just the sort of explination i was looking for.

Will get some SRP tomorrow.