shes a cross dresser lol :lol:

lol

dont get cheap ones because they dont work proper.. like a big huge bottle for £3 will be crap a small bottle for £5 will most likely be better or a really good named one

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends how long you want to spend cleaning your car:

Meguirs gold class shampoo

followed by clay bar (paintwork feels glass smooth afterwords!!)

wash again.

Autoglym Super Resin Polish - around 2/3 coats of this - this contains fillers, so will mask up some swirl marks and small scratches.

Ideally you will need to seal the Polish then to protect it - i use poorboys sealent - needs to be left at least 2 hours before applying a wax.

I use poorboys nattys paste.

I have used turtlewax, autoglym deep shine(which is really just a polish), meguirs - and the poorboys stuff leaves it looking wetter, cleanner, shinier - also lasts around 6 weeks before you need to wax it again.

really great stuff.

but if you arent as overkeen as me, then the super resin polish/deep shine followed for autoglym extra gloss protection gives similar results, but doesnt last aslong.

stuff you can buy from shops meguiars is the best ive used...

autoglym gives amazing results, but the finish just doesnt last long enough, hence why i use meguiars.

mer is good stuff also.

AlanD knows his stuff. B) Swissvax are up there with the best.

No one has mentioned Zaino products though. Many professional detailers use Zaino kits and produce amazing results and many use nothing else but.

The ultimate polish, no question: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/zaino/zaino-...h/prod_468.html

However, if you havent got shedloads to spend on detailing, Megs and AutoGlym will do just fine. B)

I am indeed, I only do it part time as my porter cable shafts my wrist up (I have a pin in my right wrist and my hand goes numb for two days every time I detail a car lol)

the issue with these threads is that people look for different things. Some people judge a polish by simply the reflection it returns, some gauge by glossyness ie how 'white' the reflection is, others like myself seek the corrective properties of a polish such as swirl removal. my 'polish' offers no protection, rather is an abrasive finishing polish - Menzerna IPF106 'final finish'

ive diced with G3, Sonus Swirlbuster, Finesse it, etc, but keep coming back to Menz and their final finish and power gloss products. These strip layers of top coat away and leave behind a fresh unprotected surface. My own cars are TFR'd with snow via a water filter, then Clayed using Bilt Hamber 'autoclay' a lubeless clay. Next up comes polishing using my trusty porter cable with a DAS pad and final finish. The surface is then prepped with Swissol paint cleaner pre wax, then sealed with klasse all in one. I then use 3 coats of Best of Show, followed by a light seal of chemical Guys wet mirror finish. Ive yet to do a car that I havnt been impressed with using this combo

ive diced with G3, Sonus Swirlbuster, Finesse it, etc, but keep coming back to Menz and their final finish and power gloss products. These strip layers of top coat away and leave behind a fresh unprotected surface. My own cars are TFR'd with snow via a water filter, then Clayed using Bilt Hamber 'autoclay' a lubeless clay. Next up comes polishing using my trusty porter cable with a DAS pad and final finish. The surface is then prepped with Swissol paint cleaner pre wax, then sealed with klasse all in one. I then use 3 coats of Best of Show, followed by a light seal of chemical Guys wet mirror finish. Ive yet to do a car that I havnt been impressed with using this combo

Awesome combo, cant argue with that. How long has it taken you to learn paint correction work mate? Was looking at the G220 kits the other day and they looked tempting. Can't remember how much BoS is (£150 ish?), how is it to apply and remove? The only "decent" wax I have is supernatural, pretty happy with it so far B)

Awesome combo, cant argue with that. How long has it taken you to learn paint correction work mate? Was looking at the G220 kits the other day and they looked tempting. Can't remember how much BoS is (£150 ish?), how is it to apply and remove? The only "decent" wax I have is supernatural, pretty happy with it so far B)

Supernatural is a kickin wax! Ive no issues with it, hang on to it and use away at it. As much as I adore my swissvax collection I cant help but feel miffed at how they treated their dealers when they retracted all the dealerships. I got a credit card and bought heaps when they were all selling out lol!

I trust mark @ morethanpolish explicitly and he swears by race glaze' new '55' wax, heI certain its as good as destiny, and thats a very bold claim.

Id still cut a testicle off for crystal rock though - paul daltons new signature wax!

BOS is beautiful to work with, as long as you leave it overnight with the heaters on! I use egyptian cotton towelling, and it buffs to a shine a treat! the only issue is that it rehazes after buffing, so it ideally needs left for two days in my experience and NI climate lol!

ps. applying!

I use my bare hands to apply my waxes with. Im never sold on applicators, as your bare hands can feel any contamination instantly, its not unheard of for a panel to dust up with the static residing on it. The other thing is that BOS is supposedly enzyme based, which is catalysed by the moisture in your skin.

Yeh, I've heard things about this Crystal Rock, how much is it? I nearly bought RG 55 instead of Supernatural, maybe when it runs out! B) Applying by hand I totally agree with, much easier to judge where and how much is going on, plus it doesn't waste any B) .

Well ive always used Auto Glym but yeah the finish doesnt last as long as i would like.

but with that in mind autoglym have recently released a new product called Aqua Wax, basically u wash the car and if there's already a decent shine on the car then u apply this stuff to the paintwork while the paintwork is still wet from washing and rinsing, its gud for paint, glass, and plastic and does a fantastic job on my rims.

Also autoglym have this new wax available called High Definition Wax its not for general sale yet and iI only managed to get sum because i was at a car show and got talking to one of their reps. it may cost a bomb BUT its the best yet from them.

what a lot of people dont realise is that polish on its own wont give results that last. Polish creates the finsh but adss very little protection so after a few rain showers/washes its gone. Autoglym super resin polish is good to use by hand and imo if you are on a budget and want your car looking good, invest in some collinite 915. its £22 but needs to be put on in thin layers which means it lasts. It has unbeatable durability for the cost and beats many high end waxes in term of finish provided