i checked to see how much insurance would be for me on starlet sr, i said i was 17, had my provisional for one month and in my own name it was £750 a year. i then changed it to having a full license for a month and it was £1780.. how come it was cheaper on provisional than full? there were both third party fire and theft

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i checked to see how much insurance would be for me on starlet sr, i said i was 17, had my provisional for one month and in my own name it was £750 a year. i then changed it to having a full license for a month and it was £1780.. how come it was cheaper on provisional than full? there were both third party fire and theft

where the hell you been getting quotes :lol:

£750, your area must be uber safe

i went on go compare.com and i was the named driver or whatever. the provisional 1 is with quinn direct .. i went on before i can get fully comp when passed for 100 quid less than third party fire n theft, there all no mods and best quoets. its quiet good tho cause for a 1.2 corsa it was like £1900 a year!!

ah right, as a named driver mine was £1000. plus i live about 70 yards from a drug rehab house so £1400 is a pretty good quote for me on my own tbh

You need to get quotes with mod though don't you? You put a post about alloy wheels etc? If i was you i'd get realistic & truthful quotes and look around a lot more as you may find you can't afford to buy, insure, tax and run it.

Minxy is right. There's no point in getting quotes for standard if your going to have mods on it.

1. Its not worth getting caught driving with nothing declared (And trust me, the police can check this when driving behind you, my mate got caught out by it)

2. If you get quotes for a standard one, but then decide you want mods some insurers won't insure modifications - so you would then be back at square one.

Import insurance sucks??? Really? Mines cheaper to insure that a 1.1 frikken sax-o-shit.

hell my insurance aint cheap... i think they assume ive insured a GOLD plated micra lol

who are you insured with? age? ncb?

im £1206 and thats with 3 points!

wierd though as i was the policy holder and main driver, put my mam on the policy and dropped it £500 even thought she is a named driver!

You need to get quotes with mod though don't you? You put a post about alloy wheels etc? If i was you i'd get realistic & truthful quotes and look around a lot more as you may find you can't afford to buy, insure, tax and run it.

i dont need to get realistic as im not doing it up straight away cause i know i wont be able to afford it with mods on straigh away, and yes i might have alloys but that doesnt mean as soon as i get on the road i have to put them on and drive around on them

i drive a 1.4 s 99 mk2 seat ibiza :p its cost me just under £1800 tpft But i got a £75 excess, unlimited mileage, breakdown cover, Screen cover, home start (god knows why), and other totally unnesacery Rubbish BUT with adrian flux i saved an extra £100 because i had alloy wheels haha they see it as ive got nicer wheels so ill drive more carefully so i dont damage them haha too l8 :p but declare all your mods and everything because people seem to like hitting u for no reason (ive been rear ended twice and had somone scrape my front bumper whilst i was parked in 4 months :p ) thn they start asking u things then want to see pics of the car blah blah.................. nd it goes down hill from there

how come a glanza can never be found on insurance sites? even if you type in a numberplate? i took some number plate numbers down of ebay/autotrader and it said it couldnt be found, so what is a glanza classed as on sites n that?

im really tempted to get a glanza for my first car now. i never seen one in real life ;) (apart from a quick look at a black one at the back of a garage going past on the bus) and my bfs mate took me to go see a white one going up for sale last night and i really want one more than i did.. if i got one how much would insurance be if i went on my mums or dads insurance?

Just get an SR or similar in your own name so you can build up your own no claims.

Insuring the car in a parents name and you being a named driver and driving it as your own is insurance fronting! Illegal and one of the reasons insurance for young folks is expensive! Insurance companies ain't daft....why would your parents buy a small turbo car and have you as a named driver...hmmm ;)