i think you should have a little look around at other quotes, u might think people on here are trying to take the piss but there more help than you think. i was convicned i would get a glanza v for my 1st car, and be able to afford insurance, tax and petrol and anything else, i kept saying no i want a glanza, and in the end i relise the advice i was getting given was alot more helpful than i thought at first, it was stupid thinking getting a glanza for when im 17/18 to more than likely bump afew times and pay loads on insurance, so i know you dont want to change insurance companys, but just have a look on a few sites it wont do any harm just to look and you may find a better offer else where and then be grateful of the advice u were given :(

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probley even less than an hour!! look at a few sites on net, try gocompared.com n stuff like that, get the best quotes and ring up cause itll probly be cheaper again if you ring as you can give more detail about the car, they might think it is a turbo and thats why your paying so much? is not a turbo am i right? :(

At the end of the day if Craig wants his car so much that he is willing to pay 5k insurance then at least he has the car he really wants. He is only 17 and doesn't have anything else to pay for from his full time job so he is still left with tons of dosh to spend. I wished i had a decent pay like his at 17 instead of messing around in crappy part time jobs.

Im still convinced it's down as a turbo though Craig. Oh well you get a decent first car anyway. Mine was a old micra :(.

Bourkey

you all might find it crazy me paying that much but not one of you will change my mind.

Craig

You mate obviously have more money than sense ;)

Fairplay to you (or probably your parents) for spending that much money on insuring your first car which you will probably bump, everyone bumps their first car :(

I could more or less finish my engine build with that money :(

i cant wait til i get older lol, my dad pays £300 a year fully comp for two people on a 08 reg bmw 2ltr.. and his gf pay £280 a year on her M3!! why cant it be that cheap for young people :(

I think I nearly shat myself when I found out someone was paying 5k for a N/A Starlet. I am still recovering from finding out!

I fell in love with an evo3 a few months back, but the cheapest insurance I could get was £2500 which I point blankly refuse to pay. But I suppose some people love their cars that much.

Next year it won't be much cheaper, prob go down to around 4k.

Crazy.Shit.

I agree with that, I can guarentee that on my journey to and from work that 9 times out of 10 the people that pull out in front of me are old people. My grandad is like 65, but he drives well. Then my friends nan is 65 and she drives like a prick. And she drives drunk!!

even my mum and dad have said this...there should be a MINIMUM speed limit because old people are going too slow and causing more accidents.

agreed. damn seat arosa doing 27 in a 40 zone :(

coulda walked faster