• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come a glanza can never be found on insurance sites? even if you type in a numberplate? i took some number plate numbers down of ebay/autotrader and it said it couldnt be found, so what is a glanza classed as on sites n that?

im really tempted to get a glanza for my first car now. i never seen one in real life ;) (apart from a quick look at a black one at the back of a garage going past on the bus) and my bfs mate took me to go see a white one going up for sale last night and i really want one more than i did.. if i got one how much would insurance be if i went on my mums or dads insurance?

not worth it at all, you'll need £4000 for the car, at least £1500 for insurance for which you'll get no NCB, then you must pay for servicing, MOT, Tax and fuel. then think about stuff like, if your at work/college you gotta get dinner (costs me £5 a day which dosent sound alot but thats £25 a week) then pay board (if you dont have to then your very lucky) then you will want money to be able to go out and buy things like new clothes. at 16/17 its very hard to get paid enough to cover all this

so you'll need a very good full time job, when you do a driving lesson you will realise you don't need a turbo car first. i came close to getting a GT Turbo a few months ago but it takes at least a year to be a confident driver during which time you won't be able to drive fast safely anyway

In answer to your question, the reason you won't get Glanza's coming up on insurance sites is because the are a Japanese Imported car only, and not very common, the insurance sites don't recognise them. Most insurers will have the GT turbo on their systems but not the Glanza.

is it best to ring up about glanzas?

matty: ill be on £80 a week and EMA £30 for the 1st three months of my training so its not muchat all and i would never be able to afford it, but if i didnt go see that glanza the other night id still want one but not just yet lol. do you reckon glanzas will get cheaper in prices? or still stay the same in a few years.. like the AE86s are still going for 3 or 4 grand sometimes more

Its very unlikely that they will decrease much. Since I started looking nearly 2 years ago now they havent moved at all.

I would call up when enquiring into Glanza insurance, you won't get a realistic quote through the internet.

ok thanks for the help!! im just gonna get a normal starlet first even though i really want a glanza id never be able to afford to buy it never mind do lessons/tests and then have it on the road

Unfortunatly that ^^^ is pretty much the truth.

At 17 I wanted an expensive car, but I knew I was dreaming and ended up with a Nova. Although I loved it to bits, it wasnt a great first car. N/A's can look really nice when time and effort is put into it anyways.

You probably would get insurance on a V but it would cost a bomb.

• 2 weeks later...