What Dump Valve Are You Running

standard recirc. it seems to work best for me.

but i have had a:

hks super bov

greddy type rs copy

greddy type rs genuine

collins motorsport

and i still prefer the standard recirc.

Got a Blitz SS and its shit.

Had a Baileys and it was shit.

Had a Forge Twin Piston and it was ok.

Had an Apexi Twin Chamber and it was shit.

General consensus; dump valves are shit! I've tightened my Blitz SS so much it never dumps....so its kinda there, er, just for show! rofl. Flutter ftwz.

I had/have a Blitz SS: Worked well, and sounded good imo. However there was always one bov that I wanted.

Now I have it, the coveted Greddy Type S lol. It took a trader on here two months to source one from Japan but it was worth the wait. Does the job well and sounds sweet, you can change the way it sounds (simple dump to dump-whistle) with a quick adjustment. Very happy with it. I'snt too loud or intrusive either. B)

However, like others have mentioned, I have also blocked off the dumpy tube and am enjoying a bit of turbo stall for a change!

Think the Greddy's getting connected up again tonight. Its nice having the choice! B)

in the same boat mate but different dump valve mite try the stall for a change . that all you have to do jus block the tube or valve of ?

yeh, its pretty simple, no need to completely remove the dumpy, just keep the vacumn hose connected and unplug it from the intercooler hose. Then find a tubular solid object that will fit into the intercooler hose bit and clamp it up, Job Done! That way, you can pop the dumpy back on whenever you feel like it, all you need is a pair of hands or at the most a flatbladed screwdriver if you are using a jubilee clip.

What dump valves are you guys running? = Baileys motorsport

Are you happy with it? = its loud? shit at high speeds as it boost leaks major pain in the hoop!!!

What dumpy next? well sometimes i get sick of the baileys and usualy hit up some tubby stallin pidgeon sound!

Thread must have pictures. = im in work ill sort it later

Ran Blitz supersound for a year and now running an HKS SSQV sounds nice....Torn between the two though, both awesome dump valves. baileys dump valves are crap on Jap cars, Baileys are for Fords i say...

its all about recirc, even flutter gets annoying when it happens alot. fair enough if you only drive the car on tracks, but day to day driving it just gets annoying.

some people like em, some people dont, its personally preference, however they really don't do anything at all apart from the noise (my starlet even felt quicker after removing the 'dump to atmosphere' bov, as they can do more harm than good, not literally harm, but like, reduction in performance and/or response).

tcftw