Turbo Dave [Issue Solved]

well ermmm wot can i say really, bought the car off him being told it was mint bar the odd chip etc fair point any car going to have that, and today cleaning the car, i took the lights out and found this

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

and a indicator wired up with household speaker cable

Picture007.jpg

after properly digging around there seemed to be more faults with my once beloved car than good things, after the amount of cars ive noticed that dave sells it makes me wonder is he a trader? does he bodge them up to look good and then sell on? ill leave that up to you, but one thing i will say is if you buying something expensive off him steer clear, i dont want to do any more digging about for problems on my car because im to scared ill find something truely horrific.

i am honestly thinking of properly getting this repaired and selling it now as i have lost faith in it, i feel i have been well and truely mugged off here

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isnt the GT dave, this isd Glanza he sold, believe it was Glanza-jims old motor off here :mellow:

Not being funny mate but I seen one of your pics when you fitted the speedlines on it and I could tell a mile off it had a front ender ;)

The one end of the bumper had a massive gap etc, so if I could see that in a pic god knows what it would be like in real life!!

If your not too sure about cars yourself you really should take a mechanic or someone with a bit of knowledge with you when buying a car, sorry to see this but its just one of those things

The gaps at the front of that car are very obvious mate!

How did you miss them??????

Thats had a fair shunt at some stage in it's life. :mellow:

Fix it and sell it or fix and keep, but tbh i would not be happy with myself for buying it in that condition.

Its easy to say in hindsight that everyone would have noticed the damage straight away, when you know its there its pretty obvious as the bumper and bonnet don't line up but when you're there buying it if you don't have your head screwed on its easy to get over excited and miss things.

However I'm a bit unimpressed that dave sold it in that state as if it was in his or a mates possession then they must've known about the damage. :mellow:

The gaps at the front of that car are very obvious mate!

How did you miss them??????

Thats had a fair shunt at some stage in it's life. :mellow:

Fix it and sell it or fix and keep, but tbh i would not be happy with myself for buying it in that condition.

i no i was stupid about but i was like a giddy kid buying his 1st bike, i was in love with the car, and after numerous people telling how much of a decent trustworthy guy dave was i didnt have much doubt in the guy, he had sold numerous cars on tgtt before and a problem never arose, so i jus carried on jumped on a coach to cardiff to buy my car, and after doing my own bits to it, i find out all these problems.

i knew the bumper sagged a bit but i just thought that was because the bumper had been hacked away a fair bit.

i no im stupid and im now going to be spending my k26 turbo kit money repairing the car and getting it back to the state it should have been sold in

That sucks mate.

I think Dave bought the car with a fubarded engine, replaced it and sold it on. I reckon he would have seen that whilst replacing the engine? Don't know though, best off speaking to him and asking for some money back or ask for the damage to be repaired!

thats dreadful, although i have just read through the ride topic in glanza builds..

i could tell straight away what sparky meant by panel gaps..

serious gaps and the bonnet is knowhere near flush

i no i was stupid about but i was like a giddy kid buying his 1st bike, i was in love with the car, and after numerous people telling how much of a decent trustworthy guy dave was i didnt have much doubt in the guy, he had sold numerous cars on tgtt before and a problem never arose, so i jus carried on jumped on a coach to cardiff to buy my car, and after doing my own bits to it, i find out all these problems.

i knew the bumper sagged a bit but i just thought that was because the bumper had been hacked away a fair bit.

i no im stupid and im now going to be spending my k26 turbo kit money repairing the car and getting it back to the state it should have been sold in

We have all been there and got stung mate. Sometimes it takes a mistake like this to make you think before buying anything on someone elses recomendation or reputation. Take a step back next time and look at everything and use your head not heart when buying cars...TRUST NO-ONE WHO IS SELLING ANYTHING!!!!!!! Make your own mind up instead.

Never buy a car in the rain/dark, poor light or from pictures alone.

I doubt you've got a leg to stand on askin for it to be repaired or cash back as you've driven it home so you could've done the damage and be trying to chance your luck gettin things done for nothing.( im not saying you are by the way) I would tell you where to go if it was me who had sold it. :mellow:

It's an expensive mistake but i doubt you'll do it again. ;)

if it was just the damage round the headlight then i'd probably say if he's bought the car to sell it on theres a fair chance he might not have seen the damage, but the indicator wiring would make me wonder.

by the way you really should pull that speaker cable off that power scource, as speaker cable melts when power is put thru it.

Is he on here? Or just TGTT.

Just wondered whether he would reply or not.

Seems strange, for someone who seems well known to rip someone off. He may literally be innocent and not have realised. Or he knows and thought he would get away with it.

Just had a shout to look at the thread and tbh, I am very disappointed and annoyed that you didn't ring me to speak about what you have found, you know I am totally approachable and you have my number.

I am whole heartily 100% genuine when I say that I knew nothing about what was behind the lights I had never taken them out and from the way the car drives there is no way it would make you think anything was wrong.

Do you honestly think I would go to all the trouble of replacing an engine, one which I had to travel to Manchester to get to make sure I got a good one and then not tack some plate and welds (very straightforward job) on the damaged parts if I knew about it?

Just had a shout to look at the thread and tbh, I am very disappointed and annoyed that you didn't ring me to speak about what you have found, you know I am totally approachable and you have my number.

I am whole heartily 100% genuine when I say that I knew nothing about what was behind the lights I had never taken them out and from the way the car drives there is no way it would make you think anything was wrong.

Do you honestly think I would go to all the trouble of replacing an engine, one which I had to travel to Manchester to get to make sure I got a good one and then not tack some plate and welds (very straightforward job) on the damaged parts if I knew about it?

dave i never even knew you changed the engine, something you forgot to mention, and when changing it you would have seen the mess there is, and today while at glanza al's we came across the rad held on at the bottom by cable ties.

i dont have your number anymore as my phone was stolen a few weeks back and had to get a new phone, but thats irrelavent.

To add to what Daryls said, why was the washer bottle cable tied to the air filter?? Above a battery terminal?? All you have to do, is slide the bracket out of the bottle, then bolt it down with the 2 10mm bolts. Done.

Not butting in just was a bit confuzzled. :rolleyes:

dave i never even knew you changed the engine, something you forgot to mention, and when changing it you would have seen the mess there is, and today while at glanza al's we came across the rad held on at the bottom by cable ties.

i dont have your number anymore as my phone was stolen a few weeks back and had to get a new phone, but thats irrelavent.

Are you calling me a liar and saying that I knew what was behind the lights?

If you are that's a road you don't want to be taking.

dave im not being funny but im sure a blind person would have noticed it, a few people have noticed it without the light being out, n if you changed the engine which i never knew about until idrees mentioned it the other day, you would have seen the shocking state of around the lights

dave im not being funny but im sure a blind person would have noticed it, a few people have noticed it without the light being out, n if you changed the engine which i never knew about until idrees mentioned it the other day, you would have seen the shocking state of around the lights

I told you I don't know anything about whats behind the lights so you just believe what ever you want to.

I knew the bumper didn't line up properly as you say a blind person would have known, but I thought that the bumper wasn't re-fitted properly when the bumper was meshed.

i mean a blind person would have noticed the nice straight cut in the light panel.

and you say engine change? forget to mention this did you? any proof? proof of mileage or anything? be nice to know what the engine ive got has done

i mean a blind person would have noticed the nice straight cut in the light panel.

and you say engine change? forget to mention this did you? any proof? proof of mileage or anything? be nice to know what the engine ive got has done

Less than whats on the clocks but there again if you think I am so very bad I could be totally lieng about that as well.