Turbo Dave [Issue Solved]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this seems a bit shit, however forgetting what dave knew etc. the responsibility lies with the buyer to fully inspect the car as the rights you have are pretty piss poor and you really cant trust anyone sadly.

personally i think if you get any money out of dave you will do well as its 2 months after!! but at the same time if dave offers help then good on him.

by the way u shudnt launch a public attack on someone when you could have tried sorting it out a little more privatly, i dont like how you did that..my opinion.

hope u two work something out and the little car gets fixed up nice good luck :)

Yes that glanza is Jim's old car and yes it has been abused by the next owner i heard when he sold it, i heard it crashed into a tree or something rather. DOn't know the full story though.

so shelly knowing this and when i posted i was buying the car did you not think to tell me this? i thought places like this where to build a helpful community? thanks for errr telling me now when its slightly to late

so shelly knowing this and when i posted i was buying the car did you not think to tell me this? i thought places like this where to build a helpful community? thanks for errr telling me now when its slightly to late

who takes notice of a for sale thread when there not interested in buying it?

dont go blaming a 3rd party for your misfortune

59bhp i posted in my welcome thread and showed the car, in which she replied oh yer thats glanza jims old car, i dont expect people to nose at all for sale posts, it was just the fact she had posted about the car and knew i was getting it. so please feel free to comment when u know all the story

i hadnt bought the car when i posted it up i had only paid a deposit, i didnt pick it up till 3 weeks or so after i posted my welcome thread where i asked people if they knew about the car at all

That would be wrong if someone posted negative comments on the seller's item, I would be quite pee'd if someone done that to something I was selling anyway

so its wrong to post or to send a pm telling some1 that the car they are buying has problems, does make me wonder bout some people, i wouldnt like to see some1 buy a car with big problems

yer i no i should have gone round the car with a fine toothcomb, but if people know about a shit car being sold surely they wud b a decent enough of a person to let the poor fucker who buying know

yer i no i should have gone round the car with a fine toothcomb, but if people know about a shit car being sold surely they wud b a decent enough of a person to let the poor fucker who buying know

I must admit I thought a community such as this would look out for fellow members but maybe not.............

Having said that the car is an absolute mess, god knows how it passed an MOT with headlights that float about in the wind and had it been involved in "another" accident the front end would have collapsed. A decent MOT tester would have laughed at that when it pulled in.

The moral here is very much buyer beware, all may not be as it seeems!!!

Not knowing about what was behind the headlights and being publically slagged on an open Internet forum I think I have done more than I should have in offering to pay for 2/3 of the repair bill, even though after speaking to Trading Standards, The Office of Fair Trading, Consumer Direct and a Solicotor I had no legal obligation to pay anything. I would also have a case for Defamation of Character with no legal justification for this thread on an open and Public Internet forum according to my solicitor, but thats all forgotten about now.

The reason I have offered to give the money is because I want to help, not because I had an obligation to, I didnt know Jim and I knew very little history of the car when I got it.

The headlights certinally didnt float around in the wind when I owned it for the short while that I did, maybe they got damaged when they were removed for cleaning.

Cheque will be in the post end of the week Daryl.

Dave

Am gutted for you Daryl ;)

Shame as its put your plans back a step now, like I said on msn and as Dave said you would have thought some who knew the history of the car would have said somthing.

gutted your pride and joy turned out to be a nightmare, but i think your out of line with regards to shelly as people have said it was not her place to inform you of an alleged accident, she didn't know if it was true or not.

Hey buddy, i really thought u have already bought the car by then and just thought the car would be in a good nick, and as i have said before, i don;t know the history of the car or if the story is true in what i heard, which was donkey years ago when Jim sold the car. So seeing it back on the forum i thought the car was all good and in good nick.

Iam really sorry if you thought i was hiding something, but iam not, just didn't think there was anything wrong with the car to be honest. But i think it's wrong to have a go at me like that. I said i only know the owner of the car and not the history of what happened to it afterwards.

think this needs to settle down a bit now, there's nothing you can do but repair the car, and Dave has been a really nice fellow and offered to help and i wish a lot more people were like this. blame could be cast around all day but there isn't any point as it isn't going to solve anything, it's a shame that the car isn't as you first thought but at least it is going to be all sorted and at least the car is not a right off in terms of structural support and you will still be able to dive it.

just my thoughts.

i feel for you mate, this is a tight little community, and we all look out for each other, however the last owner of the car did not regester on this forum, so the last time i saw this car was when jim still owned it, and back then it was mint.

im sure i can speak for many members on this forum and say that we had very little idea what condition the car was in, and how the car has been treated.

hats off to dave for being a gent about the whole situation, and helping out to get it sorted.