right.......went to the scarpys to see if they had any new corollas or any starlets..low and behold a corolla was on the truck waiting to be unloaded so i took the mani out (cut my hands all over) paid the man 30 beans fitted it at home....and now it idles really low and the engine shakes. pulls amazingly but at 30 or so the car starts shaking really badly....what could it be????? checked everything 10x just one pipe that isn`t too long enough to fit isn`t on......and i bolted the earthing wire to the brake line bracket. also too the battery off for abt 5min or so...

Was going to say the earth is normally the cause of most problems but if you have checked that.....did you use new gaskets? Also you say you havnt connected a pipe that is too short? I remeber having to find some more pipe that was long enough so chances are its that....?

i put the earth on but i dont think its "good enough" so im going to add a piece of wire/ relocate it see if it helps. using a new gasket would it make that much of a diff? also how is your cable adjusted? mines a bolt on either side with the rubber gromet thing in the middle

How long did it take you to fit?

I'll be fitting mine tommorow, and while I have no problem doing stuff on cars, there's always something to piss on your fire, what should I expect from it?

take the fuel rail off...helps alot but i had flexi head ratchet spanners so im not sure what your tools kit consists of but the second and the fourth nut are twats to get off..... take the air box and hose out make sure your car is cool before u start. disconect the battery before u begin save the hastle of waiting later when you could be testing it haha lol and there is a bolt holding the mani on to a braket thats best tackled from under the car.

timming wise i dont have a clue dint worry abt time p.s if you take off the fuel rail and earth and your mate puts the ignition on a hissing noise will start dont worry abt it i fink its fuel pressure trying to build up just touch the earth wire on a metal surface it will stop.

I live literally one door away from a garage and they're all sound as a pound so tools/help is no problem for me :)

good on ya bud.....dads a mechanic and MOT tester (15yrs) :)

i`ve racked my brains and narrowed it down to 4-5 things

1) i haven`t earthed it properly the bracket i used is touching a painted part of the car body i think?

2) the cable needs properly adjusting

3)the little breather pipe which is too short needs to be connected up (its above the brake master cylinder attached to a cube thing)

4) injectors, when i took the fuel rail off the one of the rubber seals seemed a bit torn. (will have to get 4 ordered when i get a mo) so mabe theres a leak

5) i haven`t connected something/left something loose

im going to check each one of theses things before i go work starting with the earth wire. p.s ste could you do some photos as i forgot to do any as i was putting mine on, i want to/want someone to do a proper right up of what is needed, hows it done and any possible problems etc......so anyone new can just look it up an bam! get it done....

3)the little breather pipe which is too short needs to be connected up (its above the brake master cylinder attached to a cube thing)

That little cube is the map sensor, kind of important ( Just hope you haven't done any damage).

If somethings not connected back up its pretty obvious that it might cause problems. :)

yes! it was the map sensor pipe i took it off the braket and just attached it is a temporary measure till i go to the scrappy and get the proper one...kinda sorted the idle and earthing problem too.......guess it will have to do till i get time off work. as for the gasket i didn`t fit a new one but i assume it only costs a few pounds replace it if it makes u feel better...

Well I want to fit it tommorow morning, I just want to know if I have to order anything else before I go and fit it :p

also, did yours have a load of fucking oil inside? Fucking breather pipes ;)

in my old one yes.....a word of advice make sure u put all the pipes back in to where they belong.....if the map sensor one doesnt fit take it off the braket fit it n get the proper pipe asap! learnt my lesson! also if your mani dint com with a rubber gromet which holds to cable in place dont fit the mani till you sort out some sort of bracket

Its gona be the pipe, I managed to move mine by unclipping/unbolting it from the fire wall...

The small pipe is attatched to an electronic box which is to do with the Air sensors.

Ste I used my original one you should be ok unless it rips or something.

cool, will fit it tommorow, hopefully I'll be ok on the original manifold gasket other wise my dad will be saying "I told you so" ;)

lol you should be just be carefull not to rip it...mine had oil on it so did the donor car one...mabe get one down the line?

rich..yup thats exactly what i did 9.00 this morning....amazing how something as little as that can make a diff.....

Took a while, but I didn't remove the fuel rail or get under the car like some people have done.

Forgot to disconnect the battery though, DOH! Will it make anymore difference resetting the ECU now?

But it still feels much more responsive, sounds better, nicer to drive. The only thing is, it makes you want to floor it all the time... ;)

I don't have a throttlebody gasket though, it will be ok without one right?