I need new bulbs

I posted this on the other starlet site but only had 1 reply.

Hoping I will get more help on here :D

I got a set of real nice HID lookalike from hong kong but it blew just the other day.

Just wondering if I can get some over here in the UK.

I am after a white blue look, not the ones from halfrods which say white lights with a hint of blue which are actually yellow.

Seen some chav around here with some on but I'm not going to ask them!!!!!

something like 5000k

Any ideas.

Cheers

Chi

cheers Shelly

I tried typing in HID bulbs and found a few but my mate got a set from there and it's yellow.

Just 1 thing. do you or anyone else know if the 100w is too powerful for the GT?? when I say powerful I mean HOT, I have plastic headlight, wont 100w melt the lens???

my glanza ones are plastic and have never had a problem yet. do you drive long time at nights?  i seriously had no problems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do sometime drive quite far at nights. I have heard from other people that the power will melt the lens. I dont really want to put it it to the test as the headlights are quite hard to find for thw GT's.

I am guessing that shelly bought that sunstrip from hong kong.

Most of the sunstrips in Hong Kong are see through and they are used on the inside.

I was just there about a month ago, Man I am missing it already.

they are nice and bright arent they Eric?  Well..... least it's a pure white light at night times.  Even though yellow bulbs are the best colour for any road, you can see well clear with yellow bulbs, even through fog.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep nice and bright lights.. looks cool aswell. Personally i dont like the look of yellowish bulbs. Although i do agree with you that yellows are better for night because it lights up the road better, but these blue ones are stylish :p