my adiction for power has just begun!

this is gona sound childish as guys but ive had the fastest car in my village for a few months now.

my mate has just gone up from a 1100 saxo to an impreza terzo limited edition.

around 250bhp

went for a blast in this thing, first and second are rapid but after that i wasnt overly impressed with the aceleration of this thing

i know i could gun this guy down if i had more power,

question is how much extra power would i be needing to keep up with this guy on the straights?

will do bilal

emz

they are packaged at the door right now waiting to go out :D

ill get a mate to post them tommorrow

my cars imobile in the drive right now as i sheared a nut taking the thermostat houseing off today

picking up a hire car tommorrow while i wait for the parts tto arive in a few days lol

should be fun for a few days ragging round the contryside

quite fancy a vf series ball bearing turbo but dont know which one to go for?

they mount up to the same manifold but the right sized one spools up alot faster

forgies?

only really necessary if going for MASSIVE bhp, which in a little fwd starlet isn't usable anyway :/

200bhp is prob the limit for drivability, which is perfectly feasable without the need to touch the internals, any more than that and you will run into traction issues along with the other accompanying probs.

Can't remember what prog I was watching but a SAAB engineer once said that over 250bhp is to much for a FWD car... so I agree with wullie and I think that turbo option is about the best, smaller turbine wheel for a smaller engine, sounds about right. Peak power is good to brag about, but response I'd say is better.

P.S.

This was just before SAAB released a 280bhp FWD model.

On the same kind of note. I followed Garretts turbo tech tutorial how to pick a suitable turbo. Never found any that would be suitable for 250bhp apparantly, but maybe my assumptions were wrong (P.S I did aerospace engineering at uni so my maths aint the problem :p -it's all pretty easy )

Give it a shot yourselves: Garrett Turbo tech

to get a rough idea of what id need to say gun him on a straight between say 80-100,

Adrian can you remember how to figure out power to weight ratios?

its simple i just cant remember

i have two options for this punk either replicate wullies setup for 190+ hot horses on a ct-9b

that might be just enuf to not to get embarassed

or go for a tdo4 manifold with maybe a vf 34 turbotastic,

where i can get more much needed torque.

incidently i was told from an engineer at m-sport that 230 was the maximum for a front wheel drive car weighting 1200= kilos fitted with a quafe, and over tyred

i know a glanza weighs over 1000 with me in it so what does that say?

324bhp, to be exact...

he enjoys it, but considering it spins in 5th at 135mph, its not usable, in the slightest....

a beasts, yes, but its a little over what the chassis can handle/was designed for, hence the traction issues.

I've always considered 250bhp the maximum reasonable limit of the starlet, compare a well set up one of them to a well set up starlet of any other power and there will be nothing in it, they don't pull much quicker 1/4miles and that's there strengths.

You'll never get off the mark as quick as a scooby can purely because of the 4wd too, but from rolling starts you can have him with the usual turbo upgrades as mentioned. Don't forget he can always upgrade too though :p