Apexi Power FC info

Hey guys found a Power FC for pretty cheap just need some info on them

Is there anywhere near SouthWales/Midlands that can tune these?

What other bits would I need for this? It comes with the EP91 harness. Would I need the FC commander or is it just an extra?

How much are other standalones like the Blitz and HKS ones?

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sparky, how cheap is cheap?

it MUST have the correct harness, otherwise its useless. defo check this mate, if not then you may aswell throw it away.

the commander is a neat bit of kit, but, its not needed when mapping it as al the main shit is done on a laptop, the commander is just used for monitoring, displaying a bit of shit and the odd bit of fine tuning, but all the mapping will go on with the laptop

it depends what you;'re going for tbh because it may well be complete overkill, if the stock turbo is saying then an safc may well be more than enough, or perhaps at the most an emanage, and you obviously know the prices of those.

Well its coming off a EP91 Glanza and is about £450 ;)

It will be running a hybrid TD04 kit at least possibly TD05

How much do the commanders ususally go for brand new?

Any idea on tuners in our area'ish Ecks??

you also have to be carefull what loom your using it on....if your doing the conversion with the EP82 loom...you need the Ep82 Power FC...have a different chip inside i believe...and vice versa for the Ep91...i dont think you can use an Ep91 Power FC, With The EP82 Harness on an EP82 loom, if that makes sense...

I would have a commander if it were me, as it displays knock etc, which is important, as the Power FC doesnt do anything about it (not closed loop knock control)

Rob

Found a place that tunes these on Evo's and is less than 8 miles from my house :(

Score :(

Could also get me one but its the last one from Apexi direct he said and they want £950 ;)

I have over 3 years driving experience mate its about time I upgraded a little :(

Have driven Focus ST's, Subaru Impreza's etc but obviously it will be a completely different league to what it is now :(

Hey guys found a Power FC for pretty cheap just need some info on them

Is there anywhere near SouthWales/Midlands that can tune these?

What other bits would I need for this? It comes with the EP91 harness. Would I need the FC commander or is it just an extra?

How much are other standalones like the Blitz and HKS ones?

Thanks

You can get something like a DTA, Emerald etc for around that kind of cash brand new. However they will require a custom loom like the PFC will unless its starlet specific.

Sparky you nutter!!!! I can't wait to see the beast you going to build with 250bhp. As Ecks said though be careful as if you have a standard 1.3 that you drive everyday and it suddely changes to an big power 4EFTE you will not be used to the acceleration and then if you lose it you will be calling Ecks for a hand out of the hedge.

I know someone going from a 1.2 8v to a A3 3.2 quattro. He is going to be licking the inside of a tree in no time :(.

Bourkey