different generations of 4efe?

Right just got my car back

I have had a new engine fitted (same 4efe)

But there was a plug missing off the throttle body (will get pics up) so there is a sensor left unplugged and its running like a bag of shit.

Also they couldnt fit my Corolla manifold because on this head there is a water jack that goes into the inlet manifold which isnt on the Corolla manifold

So yea, I am quite stumped

Any help??

What car did it come out of?

Are you sure it's not the "older" generation of 4EFE that came in the EP82 (or whatever 80 it is) version of the N/A, the one that the 4EFTE was based on, it has the same inlet manifold as the 4EFTE.

Here it goes,

This is the sensor which is meant to go in my throttle body

006-5.jpg

This is where it was meant to be plugged

008-5.jpg

and this is something the old inlet mani didnt have

007-6.jpg

Any ideas what the above is? Something to do with the coolant that goes through this inlet mani??

Going to fit the old throttle body tomorrow, should cure the misfire with that sensor back in

Right changed the throttle body, runs better although there was a pipe left which I have blanked off (couldnt put it anywhere)

ohh my god!! it feels even quicker than ever even without the Rolla mani :lol:

runs a bit funny so going to have to sort that tomorrow

Mabe its the pipe you left out? i left the maf sensor? pipe off thinking it was just a small shitty pipe.....and boy did i learn.

can you not put the rolla mani on now? bet its even more of a beast!

Not sure on the colour but they look different and my car is overfueling to the max

from empty to emtpy off £15 I done 24.8 miles :p

somethings not right :lol:

Well I wouldn't expect this 4EFE to have as good mpg as the newer ones, they were changed due to emissions

looks like a turbo inlet mani..you sure you aint got a Jap spec 4efe? as the inlet mani / TB are the same as the turbo i believe...and yes...see what the injector colour is.....also you say you had a pipe left over ? off the engine that went into the throttle body? and now that youve fitted your original one, there is now where to put the pipe yeah? if so that defo sounds like its a jap one..same tb/idle control valve setup as a GT/glanza etc

looks like a turbo inlet mani..you sure you aint got a Jap spec 4efe? as the inlet mani / TB are the same as the turbo i believe...and yes...see what the injector colour is..

This spec of 4EFE came on the EP80 N/As aswell I think?

Yea there was a pipe left over from the TB which goes to the engine I presume

Also noticed a few extra pipes which is strange and the TB that was on there was TINY!!

Will get pics for you later

The induction roar is immense now and seems to go like stink!! Think I am probably better off with the old TB on there though and just extended the loom to reach the ICV over the other side of the inlet???

Right the end of the injectors are GREEN bit of a shit pic really

001-2.jpg

Heres the rocker, also noticed a bracket that is shaped like a hook, you can just about see it on the bottom left of the rocker cover.

002-12.jpg

And I am pretty sure these 2 little vacuum lines wasnt on the old motor, you can also see them in the above pic running over the rocker cover

003-12.jpg

Taken from shittypedia:

1st Gen 4E-FE

The first generation of 4E engines found in the Starlet GI and Solail models were produced from 1989 until 1996 the engine found in these two models obtained power figures of 99 bhp (74 kW) @ 6600 rpm and 86 ft·lbf (117 N·m) @ 5200 rpm. this engine had more in common with the 4efte sharing the same throttle body, and slightly larger injectors.

2nd Gen 4E-FE

The 2nd Generation of the 4E-FE was introduced in 1996 producing less peak power: 85 bhp (63 kW) @ 5500 rpm, but with a slight increase in peak torque 87 ft·lbf (118 N·m) at 4400 rpm. The 2nd generation of the 4E-FE was essentially the same engine as the 1st but the inlet and exhaust manifolds were changed along with a slight alteration of the ecu in order to try and reduce emissions.