• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant understand why lots of fte owners go for the trd one, as its designed for a n/a, and is .6 mm..has anyone ever ran one with decent boost, as i reckon it would det. pretty easily, when you start turning up the boost.

lol its actualy a 4efte gasket mate. and yes its the standard 0.6mm as the normal OE size...

so no you wont get bad det buddy. its a metal gasket designed for higher comp and higher temps.

Just FYI lads..

"TRD Head Gasket designed for the EP82 and EP91 Starlet 4E-FTE engine.

The head gasket is standard bore and has a thickness of 0.6mm.

The items are designed to raise compression and withstand increased cylinder pressure and temperatures on built up engines."

lets you all know :D

^ if the gasket is standard thickness, which you say is .6 mm how does it raise compression then?

That quote is also off TD's website, so they have said its for an FTE not TRD...On the TRD site, i can only see FE ones listed...

So its either a FE gasket, and youve been told its a FTE one, or they make an FTE one thats not listed on the TRD website, which is strange as all of the other stuff is..

EDIT, here are the part numbers for the gaskets (n/a), may be worth comparing to yours...i reckon it will be the same as one of these

11115-EP801 0.6mm

11115-EP810 0.5mm

^ if the gasket is standard thickness, which you say is .6 mm how does it raise compression then?

That quote is also off TD's website, so they have said its for an FTE not TRD...On the TRD site, i can only see FE ones listed...

So its either a FE gasket, and youve been told its a FTE one, or they make an FTE one thats not listed on the TRD website, which is strange as all of the other stuff is..

EDIT, here are the part numbers for the gaskets (n/a), may be worth comparing to yours...i reckon it will be the same as one of these

11115-EP801 0.6mm

11115-EP810 0.5mm

in any instance the gasket will fit no problems and it good for the reason its metal and not rubber. what i posted was a copy off.. Tuningdevelopments site.

• 2 weeks later...

here is a list of standard headgasket sizes.

Engine Gasket Thickness

3E 1mm

3E-E 1mm

4E-FE 1mm (TRD made .5mm and .6mm gaskets)

4E-FTE 1.2mm

1st gen 5E-FE 1mm

2nd gen 5E-FE .5mm

5E-FHE 1mm???

so in effect you are raising compression

Update guy.

Unfortunately i wont be getting the gasket due time scales. seems to be that it will be the standard gasket. and im in discussion on buying a hybrid ;)

so ill update soons i know where i stand fellas!!!

Yeh dean surely hope so ;) well thats her now at the mechanic for the rebuild!!!! i dropped her off with my bro last night and he dropped the car off this morning at 9am

before i dropped her off i took a little pic that i can stare at cus its a beaut!! here she is before her major op!!!!!

22032009265.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well the car has been on hold until i got the new bits that were required of!!!!

Ie this sexy piece of kit!!!! im so happy its here!!!

popping to toyota to collect bits tomorow then its all go with the glanza :mellow:

14042009280.jpg

14042009279.jpg

14042009278.jpg

14042009277.jpg

:mellow: yeh i only had one can today!!! :)

the mani is a true piece of art v happy with it!

and lew the turbo im no sure what nick it was in.. it made a kinda noise before it went into the garage

ill have a look at it when its off.. if it seems sound you can have it for ube cheeps matey.