tesco's super unleaded

what octane is the super at tescos near you? noticed the other day when filling up with me mum that its 99, ismt that the same as v-power? also i thought i herd som where that it was only 97 ron too.

ben

I don't know why you lot always use the bloody V power stuff when tesco's stuff is 99RON and cheaper :D

It's good enough :( for WRC cars so it's plenty good enough for the likes of your car and mine :p All my imports are run on tesco's stuff. :D

personally i hate the stuff... banzai did a test on tesco esso and shell supers and the tesco one didnt come out that great, even if its 99 octane.

i always use esso fuel, mine seems to run better on it.

It's designed to run on 100RON so running it on 95RON will be not doin it much good!

The GT4 i sold recently blew up after the new owner decide to run it on 95RON fuel.....buggered the engine in no time!

Cheaper to run it on the right fuel than rebuild an engine :p

Scutcho....your car is just odd.....it always has been hasn't it :p:p:p

mate, its like the most odd car ive ever: worked on, been in, driven. but in hindsight i still love it lol

just wish it was kinder to my wallet! :p

I used tesco for ages, then i went to optimax/v-power and it did feel better. But it could have been psychological, and to be honest I dont think there's much in it and its all a bit petty and overdramatized.

meh, shell sell petrol as a business..... where as tescos will sell you anything someone tells them too, i know who i trust to provide me with the best fuel!

quick side note, anyone tried that BP 102ron?!

It's the whole brand snob thing!

It's like saying nike stuff is better than reebok stuff. It all does the same job.

I used tesco's all the time as V power is just similar stuff with a higher price tag! But hey it was developed with ferrari so it must be better eh??? :p

Besides that you get money off shoppin buying tesco's fuel :p

uh, it is 99ron, but not in the same way that V-power is.

it has alot of additives and stuff in it to boost up the octane rating, basically normal fuel but with some shit in it to pump it up, whereas V-power is produced from the outset to be a better, cleaner fuel, with less crap and shit in it compared to the normal unleaded.

i don't use v-power at all, i just use any super unleaded in my s14 as imo fuel is fuel, but the tesco stuff is cheaper for a reason, it is NOT on the same par as v-power, its a vastly different fuel.

in addition, when i have tried tesco 99ron, the car did seem to feel a bit...'groggy', it also provided considerably worse fuel economy than with esso supreme (which is 'only' 97ron), which is why i haven't used it since, considering they're the same price.

using 97ron instead of 99ron isn't going to cause any problems, the guys in america and places like egypt/israel etc who run imports reliably only have access to 85ron fuel (or thereabouts), it is an interesting discussion however, many people have different opinions on it.

Well since ive had my glanza i have been running it on normal 95ron fuel, and ive done about 5000 miles since ive had it without any issues, but yesterday due to this thread i desided to give higher octane fuel a go, so i went to esso and put some of there 97ron stuff in when my light was on so there wasnt much 95 ron left in the tank. obv at first there was no difference but i done approx 40 miles and once the car had adjusted to it wow what a difference its made, the car just feels allot more responsive and just fresher :p , also seems quieter too. I will definately be using super unleaded from now on, but i will prob use the tesco 99ron fuel as v power is expensive and there isnt a shell garage local to me, only a BP garage that does ultimax which is apparently shit? cheers starlybruiser :p .