gauges advice

Guest Enzo

just about to spunk some money on some nomad pillar pods but would like to know what other gauge i should fit apart from a boost gauge for the other pod

could anyone help me as i dont know what gauge is the most usefull after that?

I've got oil pressyre and volts mate. The reason i went for volts is to keep an eye on my battery esp during the winter months when it takes a beating from heaters esp the rear window one, dont wana be caught out with a flat battery in the freeze!!! and the reason for oil pressure is that theres alot of speed bumps round my way where i go to work and with the car bein lowered should anything ever smack the sump i'll know about it straight away and be able to pull in before too much damage is done.

Hope that helps dude, just my 2cents.

Phil.

im going to be putting in volts amps and air to fuel ratio. cause im quite in to ma sounds i need to find out if my amps are getting fed. so hence the amp gauge. and as the very smart guy said before me volts to check on the batt. and air to fuel cause im doing alot to it at the moment and the ratios kina fluxuates. also it looks cool seeing it zip round.

You can make your own A/F ratio gauge. Most gauges are useless anyway unless you get a wideband gauge which retail about £170+

(incidentally there's a wideband one going on ebay the now)

My oil pressure sensor is where the factory one is as apparently it did sweet FA anyway, drilled the hole out , rethreaded it and in it went!!!! Costly as hell tho as means removin bumper radiator etc etc.

Also Geo mate, a note for your pod when u get it all installed, I've used the velcro that came with it but the volume of wires behind it has forrced it off so im havin to have a self-tappin screw or 2 fitted to it tomorrow to hold her in place, not very pretty but functional! Just a heads up.

Phil.