Sold a starlet engine a few month ago that ran 100% and only removed due to car being rear end right off,sold it to someone that was fitting it into a corolla to run the nuremburg with and had a 2 week deadline of fitting it,now 3/4months down the line i get this message

hi,

sorry to do this but that engine you sold me was fitted in a starlet

today and after the first run up it was rattling reali bad from the bottom

end.Is there anyway we can rectifiy this problem i was sold the engine

beliving it was ok and a good runner with no rattles.

please reply asap

What advice have people got?

No proof of it running well

No proof he didn`t fit it in the corolla knacker it n then thought he`d be clever

just word of mouth....tricky one ask bourkey for a "legal point of view"

i don't think that ether one of you wood win as its just what you say agents what he say, i wood ask why it has taken so long for this to have happened, when he sed he was putting it in in 3 week, and the fact that he sed this then went on to say that he was planing on taking it on the NB ring has a bit of a point,

so i would not worry bout it, tell him to go fuck a hedgehog in the ass er take you to Cort if he wants but it was fine when you took it out

Unless he had it fitted and setup by a "proffesional" then anything that goes wrong is his own fault really. (Because you know it was working when it was sold).

If you buy a pint of beer it's not the barman's fault if you pick it up and pour it over your own head.

i dont know about the engine myself but i know joe personally and the reason the engine didnt go in and go to the ring is because he lost his job and only recently got a new 1 so now he can carry on with the project, but as for the problem with the engine i hadnt heard anything about it until now

I heard a few months back that by law a piece of paper stating - Sold as seen - doesn't actually count as anything now as the law has changed. How true this is I don't know.

Although, its like buying a car from someone without warrenty and going back 4 months later to say the engine is broken and you want a new one!

spoke 2 joe this morning and the reason the engine went into another starlet is because he sold it on to some1 from where we live who's engine had gone, it was then fitted and didnt run, so joe then had to give him the money back.

I heard a few months back that by law a piece of paper stating - Sold as seen - doesn't actually count as anything now as the law has changed. How true this is I don't know.

yeh i think this sounds about right. at the end of the day, purchasing goods & services gives you the right to buy something that is in good condition if you are led to believe so

im not putting blame onto any person tho, but how does a bottom end go when u fit an engine into the car?

Did they put any/correct oil in when fitting it?? Who fitted it??? Who's opinion is it that has diagnosed a knocking bottom end?? Bearing in mind it has been sat for 4 months with no oil in it most likely and possibly sat outside??? Theres a ton of stuff that could've gone on since it was sold 4MONTHS ago...whats to say the other guy didn't scam your mate who has now tried to pass the loss back to the original seller :p

I'm afraid i would tell him to jog on :lol:

paul the guy who fitted the engine in his starlet is chip who is also a friend of mine and joe's, also a member on tgtt iirc, the engine has been in joes garage and i highly doubt people putting in an engine would skimp out on putting in fresh oil aswell

paul the guy who fitted the engine in his starlet is chip who is also a friend of mine and joe's, also a member on tgtt iirc, the engine has been in joes garage and i highly doubt people putting in an engine would skimp out on putting in fresh oil aswell

Theres no offence intended, i'm simply asking questions, at the end of the day i couldn't give a monkeys left bollock if it was the starlet god himself who is your friend or fitted the engine. You would be surprised how dull some people can be when it comes to fitting things to/in cars including engines! Even qualified mechanics can screw up :D

I'm not being an arse just seeing what has happened to the engine to get to the bottom of it all. No pun intended :p

To quote you

spoke 2 joe this morning and the reason the engine went into another starlet is because he sold it on to some1 from where we live who's engine had gone, it was then fitted and didnt run, so joe then had to give him the money back.

What happened to the blown engine......bottom end go by any chance???? :lol: