Hi everybody,

Just found this place yesterday, and registered.

As i am on the lookout for a Starlet SR for a new daily driver, as i'm after somthing that is still gonna be fun and interesting to drive.

Also thought this will be the best place for trying to find any info before parting with my cash.

I'm based up near Redcar in the north east of England, so if any body knows of any SR's going around tha part of the world i would be most interested.

I'm determined not to buy a Galanza or a GTTurbo, as most people have sugested to me, as another turbo jap car will probably make me bankrupt :p

Cheers

Jimmy

Cheers fellas.

Have spotted that ebay one......... also the Galanza lookalike on autotrader, nice but he wants a few more quid than what ive got, so, oh well.

There was a nice looking one on pistonheads a week or two ago.

Black for about £1600, was ganna give them a call the next day, but the next day it had sold.....damm..

keep searching buddy, in my opinion the best examples of car will be quite far away sometimes 200+miles away usually kept by some1 old (old people love ep`s because of there solid build quality and reliablity).....

I am looking at all the ad's and thinking.....

hmmm the Gt turbo's look a good deal.

Then slapping myself, because im set on getting an SR now. hahaha

Had a search around, on here and a few other places.

Does anybody know where i could find a deffinitive list of the differances between the SR and the sportiff's etc...

And any common fault / things to look out for when buying info.

I dont know why i bothered to check, but parkers and used car buyers guide are (as per usual) as much use as a chocolate tea pot!!!!!! and have naff all model specific info on, other than the options list......

Cheers

Jimmy.

SR- tte spolier, 15" speedlines, tte lowering springs (approx 25mm lower than standard), kyg gas shocks altho i may be wrong?, tte backbox made by remus, decals, manual sunroof, and i think cd player and wired parcel shelf?.....not many in std condition now but there may be a few out there...black and silver are the rarest and most sought after colours

as for what to look out for....service history on high mileage cars, ull know a good car as soon as you sit in it, well maintained clean seats etc, knocking engine = high rpm abuse, exhaust fumes- if they are a certain colour its burning oil a common fault on the e series that engine valve seals go, leaky shockers...

thats all i think old school jap cars before the 2000 are uber reliable, anyone please feel free to comment on anything i have said/edit it :D

they are bullet proof dude,

allep91s nas are essentialy the same

the cd model was close to the sr sharing revcounter and lecy windows

the gls model came with all these cromey bits,

the sportif was the basic spec with windy windows etc. all share the same 74bhp engine

for the omney your going to spend you could import a 4x4 ep95 or a rare diesel model

slip in a 5efe(identical looking to the 4efe 1.3) and get increased economy (44+mpg)

welcome to uksc by the way,

• 1 month later...