I have seen the rep system being used one a few forums now and think it is a great idea.

What do we think?

ive had a look into this already and there are a few different types of systems like this, rep, i-points etc

but im not actualy too keen on it to be honest and dont think its needed on this site, but get the logic behind it.

if you guys can come up with a decent argument as to why its needed i could impliment it as its not that hard to do with my php skillz now,

but tgtt has it and every time i wander over there im on there seing people repping people, it sort of smells of fromage to me. i dont know why

these are just my views though bro . . . . .

i do like it but over on tgtt because i have such a low post count and rep, people just tend to ignore you.

but then again when you need some technical advice and someone with a high rep give advice you know it aint gunna be to far from right.

i dont know, how would you get a better rep? i usally go by the post count. the more you have the more popular you are

Post count isn't everything. ;) Plus it hasnt got anything to do with popularity, although sometimes the rep system is used that way.

I don't think the rep system is needed over here, half the time it is just used so you can wave your willy about and show how good you are, but then again that does also mean that questions are more likely to be answered when a "reward" is given.

However I think this site has a small enough community that you know who gives good answers and has the technical knowledge etc

We are a close enough community to know who we can trust for information.

Nobody is perfect including myself however 9/10 most technical problems are solved thanks to members in the know with previous experience or who have passed members onto other members for help.

I've seen rep given out way too easy on other starlet forums, its used too cheaply.

UKSC is about quality, not quantity.

Just think twice before making any wild suggestions...

Joz

but tgtt has it and every time i wander over there im on there seing people repping people, it sort of smells of fromage to me. i dont know why

these are just my views though bro . . . . .

LOL, It's true mate, some people abuse it, but most are true to the game and only give rep when someone posts a worthwhile thread, or helps someone out. I think most people can judge if a person is worthy, so even if some tossbag has been bumping up someone's rep count, it doesn't take long before they're discovered as being inept, and hence their views disregarded. It works for some, and not for others...

• 1 month later...

Instead of rep system, why not create a section in members profiles for other members to add feedback, for example if they have sold somthing to another member and the member who has bought the item wants to leave positive or negative feedback with a comment..etc........and then this shows up on the member profile page, it could also be shown under the display pics in threads...etc. For example if they have 4 positive feedback comments it will show as 5+ if they have 2 negative it would show as 2- or somthing? Similar setup to ebay.

A forum that has it is.... www.106owners.co.uk

Check out my profile on there......."OneQuikQuiky" you should see it on there somwhere.

I dunno, just a thought maybe.

Bit better than reppin shit out of everyone for sweet f*ck all.

Not to keen on it tbh....loads of

• Just another mocking point for everyone ^ like above (taken serious or not some1 may take it to heart)

• people may not post certain things because of the points, they may get none

• favoritism

• lower count people will just be ignored on what they say...fair??

• clogged up by thankyou posts/pm`s for people leaving each other feedback

• people who have little knowledge wont have the confidence to try there hand at explaining stuff even if they are corrected + laughed at they may atleast learn something new

• all the posting will be left to the more experiened members as the ones with lower rep may think "oh i might be wrong i`ll leave that topic and not answer"

• also most of the experinced hardly come on due to other commitments

• new members will just go on what the people with the most rep have said which may also be wrong

• Whats the max "rep" someone can have? there will always be someone else who has more knowledge than you + more knowledge to be learnt

Imho.....we are all the same just that title << differs....post count means naff all